Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been playing to keep it tight defensively and nick one for many games now. I don’t think that performance was too dissimilar from the sheff utd game. It’s inevitable that when you play with that strategy you will lose games 1-0. We’ve lacked creativity and we move the ball far too slowly for a few games now. It’s just with the personnel we had it’s accepted. We’re relying on our attackers to create something, we managed to get one decent attack against sheff utd which resulted in a goal today we didn’t. Our forwards are out of form, although I thought Gomes made a difference.

Whilst we have the squad we currently have, there are going to be games like this. A few areas we need to strengthen and until we do, this is the norm unfortunately. A few games we pick up the points and then a team who sit two banks of four and we do not have the creativity to break them down. Usual words ponderous, laborious, indecisive.

Players like Davies, Sigurdsson, Bernard etc are good for a game or two but you cannot rely on them for 5 or 6, they unfortunately are not just up to it.

We are a work in progress, another two or three windows and we will be sound

Richy has stunk the place out for about 5-6 games in a row. Today was his worst performance in an Everton shirt. Something ain't right with him.

Whole team was gash today mind you. But we had literally zero attacking threat today

The whole thing p(££&£ me off. The Rs won the champions league and the premiership with very average players apart from their front three. But they all give 100 % every week and are organised.

Don’t be stupid, do you think he played it to the WHU lad. The ball was blasted in, it happens.....
I am just saying , I know he doesn’t want this but what I am saying is that its not a first time , he Is way often out of balance and crap like that happened

Exactly ten years ago, we lost 2-0 to Stoke on New Years Day. It was an awful performance, but we always felt that a bit of extra money and a couple of new faces would drastically improve the situation.

Save for Martinez' 1st season (2013/14) and this autumn, literally nothing has changed in a decade since that defeat to a Potters side that bore many similarities to tonight's WHU team.

In short, we are utterly fetid turd who only turn up once relegation is a possibility. I regret ever supporting this club, but it's too late to quit. Like Spud in trainspotting, I can't go back. I'm too far gone.

With middle age and high blood pressure (created by EFC) just around the corner, and my love of processed meat, continental cheeses and single malt utterly incurable, I'm not going to make 50.

My money's on an instant cardiac around 48 ish, probably during our next derby win knowing my luck - everything will just go black. Not a bad way to go. No pain, no time to regret living a healthier lifestyle or choosing a less-stressful team.

I've already made peace with that, but I'd like to win a sodding trophy before then! But it's out of the question, because we're a loser club. End of.
Hmmmmmm, doesn't sound good. Sorry for your suffering. I am already destined to follow Everton but I sure hope my time with the team is more joyful than what you have encountered.

Btw, I sure hope you make it beyond 50

Oh absolutely regarding one window, ofcourse.

We've had a good season but I can't felt feel we've been fortunate with some of the other teams being dreadful too.
It's an odd season. Nobody really grasping it fully. Lots of surprise results and a relatively tight league.

We've been fortunate with a few results and could be doing a lot worse than our league position. That said, I can't help but think we could go on a good run with a couple of signings in Jan, such is the nature of the league at the moment.

Doesn't do that at RB, though. He looks forward.

He shouldn't be playing on the left side. I don't know why it started. Mina is fine to play on that side and we're not relying him to be the passer.

Fact is Keane should have played tonight and Carlo didn't need to faff with the defence to shoehorn Coleman back in.

....I’ve always been of the opinion Holgate is a superior RB to CB but I‘m also of the opinion Coleman is our best RB. Holgate is terrific, I love his attitude and he’s vital to the squad but he won’t get in the team when everybody is fit.

Its funny that Ancelotti has found a way to win with FBs who get a nose bleed if they cross the half-way line and posters now want us to persist with that approach. Our problem tonight was at the other end of the pitch and ultimately if we want to carry threat we need attacking full backs with two defensive midfielders.

Don't think they are. It was a dismal performance - probably as bad as the Newcastle one.

There was no need for it, either. No excuse, even.

Plenty of rest, our players in form. West Ham played 3 times in 5 days.

After 10/20 minutes it was painfully obvious that we were going to be no threat.

wait did you see some of the posts? I’m not saying it for a laugh mate ffs

I don’t know why but from very beginning I never really rated well Richi , yes he can score and he did score decent amount of goals but he looks way too often like he didnt show up like today , disconnect with the rest of the team, poor body language, probably the only Brazilian who struggle with ball between his feet , can’t dribble 1 on 1 , l would swop Zaha with him without question

Status
Not open for further replies.