Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....it generally is. As I regularly point out, he invariably slows the game down when tempo is so important to us. Generally, he gets the ball looks up, turns around and passes back to Pickford.

Doesn't do that at RB, though. He looks forward.

He shouldn't be playing on the left side. I don't know why it started. Mina is fine to play on that side and we're not relying him to be the passer.

Fact is Keane should have played tonight and Carlo didn't need to faff with the defence to shoehorn Coleman back in.

Have we decided who to blame for this result is yet?

Ep3-WK-OU0-AAlb-X2.jpg
The buck always stops with the manager

We have lost a few matches this season in the last five minutes and it can be frustrating but I don't want to get all negative on the team. We have done well, had a good run in December. Some of our players are getting healthy again, they will be in form soon and so hopefully we will get back to winning by next match.
Hang in there Sassy, definitely a rollercoaster being an Evertonian.

When we say we need Iwobi and Keane back it just emphasises what a poor team we still are
We have been made to look good by other crap teams
We still need another new 9 players if we are ever going to win anything
We need athletes with skill and vision
We have little of that at present

Exactly ten years ago, we lost 2-0 to Stoke on New Years Day. It was an awful performance, but we always felt that a bit of extra money and a couple of new faces would drastically improve the situation.

Save for Martinez' 1st season (2013/14) and this autumn, literally nothing has changed in a decade since that defeat to a Potters side that bore many similarities to tonight's WHU team.

In short, we are utterly fetid turd who only turn up once relegation is a possibility. I regret ever supporting this club, but it's too late to quit. Like Spud in trainspotting, I can't go back. I'm too far gone.

With middle age and high blood pressure (created by EFC) just around the corner, and my love of processed meat, continental cheeses and single malt utterly incurable, I'm not going to make 50.

My money's on an instant cardiac around 48 ish, probably during our next derby win knowing my luck - everything will just go black. Not a bad way to go. No pain, no time to regret living a healthier lifestyle or choosing a less-stressful team.

I've already made peace with that, but I'd like to win a sodding trophy before then! But it's out of the question, because we're a loser club. End of.
Know the feeling - I was indoctrinated when we were winning things and naively thought that was just how it was - annual trips to Wembley etc... now I know it was the equivalent of playing a gambler for the first time - it lets you win just to suck you in knowing it’s going to shaft you for the rest of your days.

Status
Not open for further replies.