Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I hate about Everton are all the whiney fans who flip flop with their opinions about players by the second. You should all look in the mirror and see what's really responsible for the situation at our club and that's constant moaning and no consistent backing for our players. We win one, two, three, four games and everybody loses their minds: "We will pull a Leicester." Where is the humility and the realism? We lose one game and suddenly we're bound for a decade and the Championship and all our players are lousy. How would you perform at your jobs if everytime you had a just about average day at work and people would start booing and hurling insults at you? We're the Schalke to Liverpool's Dortmund. You know what good supporters get right? They maintain a sense for real life and they back even their most mediocre players as their own. Get behind Davies, get behind Siggy, get behind Seamus. Especially the disrespectful slander against Seamus is so infuriating. Sure, we need better players. But defecating all over a humble, loyal servant to our club who happens to be as decent a human being as seems possible for a modern football, I can't understand this nonsense. We have to be better as fans. Especially those that frequent Goodison. I'll catch a lot of flack for this, but most of you will know there's truth to this.
What the hell are you talking about "defecating over a humble loyal servant". Its Everton Fc. not bleedin Downton Abbey. Youre picking on the wrong people here...the supporters have endured players mediocrity for far too long now and its not good enough. Seamus is a great fella we all know. We all know too that hes not good enough now at this level.. I would suggest he does know himself too. Theres no disrespect to him. Davies and Sigurdsson have had leeway galore over the last two years. As an Evertonian, you should know that too so lay off.

Nah we were better in the first half than the second IMO, and it was that team we lost with!
It was James, so I think people immediately saw some massive improvement, but I personally think Bernard did a lot better than James did today. But James' coming back from injury so kinda understandable....
If it was Bernard or Siggy who played like James just did he'd have been slated though. Wrongly in my opinion because it was a bad/sluggish team performance all round but I really didn't see any improvement from the subs. Just my opinion though...

Respect your opinion mate.

OK I'm exaggerating but Moyes team outworked us and had more desire to win that game.
The defending on there goal was excruciating to watch really rally annoyed me today wonder if having no fans effected the performance

Cobblers, they were awful, dire to watch and an embarrassment, apart from their CB. They were however tall and Siggy couldn’t put a decent ball in all night so you have to play through them and we couldn’t because we didn’t even try.....

Space was created all over the bloody place, until it came to passing the ball to a striker, then we usually hit a defender or went backwards.....
Disagree, we play too compact in the attacking phase. Often our attacking players are positioned on a line in the center of the field, and there is too much movement towards the player with the ball. Which often leads to too many passes backwards and horizontally.

As i said during week, i hope we didnt play as though it was us who had a few days off and not west ham, should have been so on top of that match in Reality

I think only Doucoure turned up tonight.

The rest were terrible. I'm particularly frustrated with Richarlison - lazy.

West Ham setup to frustrate, knowing we didn't have the quality of balance to force the issue. They did it well.

We got sucker punched and we fell right into it.

Our performance was terrible, but West Ham never, ever deserved a win there and we've gifted them it.
100% this. It’s what makes this result so frustrating.

You can't win tight games all the time. We're still overachieving all things considered. We could really do with some fast attacking players in January though, at least one.

OK I'm exaggerating but Moyes team outworked us and had more desire to win that game.
The defending on there goal was excruciating to watch really rally annoyed me today wonder if having no fans effected the performance
Both team worked hard. We have too many players who just can't create. They pass the ball sideways and back. And struggle to pass it forward. Osman got it right. Slow, safe and predictable
I'm mad too. Carlo said this team will have ups and downs. In other words some of the players are not good enough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.