Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't mean having 70% of the ball. You can control games without having the ball. That's about shape, being organised.

As soon as we had the lead for 5 mins he should have got Rondon off and gone to three in midfield and tightened it up. He didn't and then we completely fold.

We might have had a bit of control with 3 in midfield, it's about limiting space and then having numbers in certain areas.

I know you love your analytical and tactical way of looking at things but from playing footy from a 5-year-old and just generally knowing the game, it's really simple sometimes. Ranieri changed to a back three and they outnumbered us. Benitez didn't respond.

Holgate or Gbamin for Rondon after we scored was absolutely blindingly obvious to all but Benitez.

More than DCL and Doucoure, I think we missed Mina,who at least has presence in the defence and is a good 'blocker'. Interesting to see what reaction there is from Benitez to this result.....January will be a vital window for Everton. I expect some changes for our next game....its a matter of pride for Benitez if not for some of the players. Todays problems started as soon as Iwobi came on....the weakness in the defence was made a lot worse from that moment. Ah well...we move on....fresh start next game.

Get on with it

Speechless. Two crap sides playing shocking football and then we crumble. Every time we got hit on the break we conceded; every time we had a set piece it looked like no one knew what to do. This one is definitely on the manager
Nope. Not ball watching and attacking the ball are the basics.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”.

#rondon #Iwobi

Sure it's just a coincidence, but we were winning 2-1 before Iwobi came on....
No legs in midfield and possibly the worst defensive performance I've ever seen, add to that Pickford saved us an even worse beating !

Status
Not open for further replies.