Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically though in any variation of a 3 man midfield, you have a holder, a box to box man and one who supports the attackers.

So I think he’s just saying he’d like to see Gomes as the one operating a bit higher up the pitch.

Yeh I get it. Personally I want to see what it would be like to have Gomes as the deepest “Pirlo” sort of area with Gbamin and Delph/Davies doing all the running around him. Maybe put a bit too much pressure on the front 3 to produce but that’s what they’re on the pitch to do at the end of the day.

2 headers from corners?
I said this a few weeks ago on here, but the few goals I saw him score on videos, some were real lucky, deflections.
But I always thinks that the sign of a good striker.
I used to watch Lineker score some jammy goals, miss hit shots, the ball would just bounce of him, or deflections.
I'm hoping this kid will start to run riot very soon, one goal and he'll be away

Biggest concern for me is that we have scored just 3 goals in the last 8 matches including pre-season which is absolutely diabolical. I am sort of glad that he will be forced to change things about a bit for this one as we obviously cannot continue like that. We have been pretty good defensively but practically no threat whatsoever and even when we do get a rare opportunity we miss it.

We have to get our act together quickly and start making the most of this favourable run of fixtures starting with beating this shower of wasters on Saturday.

I said this a few weeks ago on here, but the few goals I saw him score on videos, some were real lucky, deflections.
But I always thinks that the sign of a good striker.
I used to watch Lineker score some jammy goals, miss hit shots, the ball would just bounce of him, or deflections.
I'm hoping this kid will start to run riot very soon, one goal and he'll be away
Ya mean kean so and not keane !

If you go 4-3-3 there is no “hole”. If there was a “hole” that’s back to the 4-2-3-1 we’re set up as.
@ForeverBlue92 midfield triangle is the classic 6,8,10 Dutch midfield set up
But its not that great, as you say, if the 10 just sits in that area in front of the other two as it'll just gravitate back to a 4231
For the triangle to work there has to be rotation through that area, that area shouldn't stay static.

And if you are dominating possession the triangle becomes inverted, with them involved in more rotation going on in other areas as well,
and bc its inverted, the rotation between them has a more defensive focus. Classic eg being Xavi, Busquets, Inesta.

But there are other 3 man midfields.
Sig (or Gomes) and Delph either side of JP has to be considered as things go forward.
Have banged on about this type in other posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.