Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a must win for me. We get a struggling Watford who didnt add anyone of note during the window, who got crushed last week, and its our first home game. I think it gives some of a key new players another week to train, and I expect to see 2 of them play, probably Kean. Should be able to attack them much better than Palace, so I think we have to win this one to set up for an improved season.

I don't rate Coleman at all but utterly pointless dropping him. Hardly played bad did he?
I thought he stifled the attack a bit and gave their bloke on the left a hell of a lot of space to run into a few times, luckily he was crap. Wouldn’t drop him though especially not at home.

I don't rate Coleman at all but utterly pointless dropping him. Hardly played bad did he?

I like Coleman but I'd like to see Sidibé there...it seems he's fast, would link up well with Richarlison on the right and get forward, that makes our attack a little balanced as Digne and Bernard are more involved in attacking atm. I think this would make opposition less comfy to close down on our left given that they would have a big threat to consider on the right.

Other thing is Sidibé is rrrapid (based on...) but anyway I reckon he is, so I imagine that he will cover Keane (snail Keane @deipnosophist ) when Watford break, like Palace did and as @Eggs has pointed out we were vulnerable in behind Coleman/Keane against palace and could easily have conceded there

I like Coleman but I'd like to see Sidibé there...it seems he's fast, would link up well with Richarlison on the right and get forward, that makes our attack a little balanced as Digne and Bernard are more involved in attacking atm. I think this would make opposition less comfy to close down on our left given that they would have a big threat to consider on the right.

Other thing is Sidibé is rrrapid (based on...) but anyway I reckon he is, so I imagine that he will cover Keane (snail Keane @deipnosophist ) when Watford break, like Palace did and as @Eggs has pointed out we were vulnerable in behind Coleman/Keane against palace and could easily have conceded there

I have no doubt Sidibe will be a decent signing. But he's never played in the Prem before. He's been pretty poor at Monaco all last season.

Coleman and Richarlison linked up really well at the end of last season. Coleman was sound defensively the other day.

We'll be at home but we really need to get up and running. What's the rush? Sidibe will get a chance. But he's come in as back up. When he gets his chance I'm sure he'll impress. But there's no need to rush.

The attacks Palace had came down the flank when Coleman was pushed on and Gbamin and then I believe Schneiderlin gave the ball away. The same would have happened down the left had Palace broke down that side, as Digne had pushed right on, as had Keane and Mina (hence the space behind the defence). the problem wasn't Coleman or Keane, it was giving away the ball stupidly in midfield.

Also, if Coleman doesn't make that block from Meyer just before HT, we could well have lost.

3 points on Saturday and total of 4 won’t seem so bad
Then good results needed before end of September;
Villa A
Lincoln A
Wolves H
Bournemouth A
Sheffield Utd H

Total 12 points and place in next round of Carabao cup on the way to Wembley

Sidibe is bloody awful at defending.

Siggy had a bit of a mare last week. I would consider benching him this weekend and starting Bernard at 10.

We could then go
Pickers

Coleman. Keane. Mina. Digne

JPG. Delph

Richy. Bernard. Iwobi

DCL/Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.