Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt Sidibe will be a decent signing. But he's never played in the Prem before. He's been pretty poor at Monaco all last season.

Coleman and Richarlison linked up really well at the end of last season. Coleman was sound defensively the other day.

We'll be at home but we really need to get up and running. What's the rush? Sidibe will get a chance. But he's come in as back up. When he gets his chance I'm sure he'll impress. But there's no need to rush.

The attacks Palace had came down the flank when Coleman was pushed on and Gbamin and then I believe Schneiderlin gave the ball away. The same would have happened down the left had Palace broke down that side, as Digne had pushed right on, as had Keane and Mina (hence the space behind the defence). the problem wasn't Coleman or Keane, it was giving away the ball stupidly in midfield.

Also, if Coleman doesn't make that block from Meyer just before HT, we could well have lost.

Yes there was a problem in midfield, but who knows if the fit CMs will cope?

Good post ;)

Anyone putting Gbamin ahead of Davies is mad. He's just not ready.

I suppose it depends entirely down to what Marco thinks we need.

He's had 45 mins. He didn't look ready but will have had 4 more days of training.

If he wants a powerful ball winner in there, then assuming Delph is fit, maybe he will play.

Davies and Delph - in my mind - would perform a very similar job. And that was half the problem the other day with Gbamin and Schneiderlin.

Yes, Gbamin wasn't fully up to speed, and won't be for a while, but then on the other hand him and Schneiderlin were doing the same job and the ball wasn't getting progressed upfield, hence we got all stuck in the middle.

I suppose it depends entirely down to what Marco thinks we need.

He's had 45 mins. He didn't look ready but will have had 4 more days of training.

If he wants a powerful ball winner in there, then assuming Delph is fit, maybe he will play.

Davies and Delph - in my mind - would perform a very similar job. And that was half the problem the other day with Gbamin and Schneiderlin.

Yes, Gbamin wasn't fully up to speed, and won't be for a while, but then on the other hand him and Schneiderlin were doing the same job and the ball wasn't getting progressed upfield, hence we got all stuck in the middle.

Agree in general but it just feels too soon for the G man, he was way off last week.

Anyone putting Gbamin ahead of Davies is mad. He's just not ready.
I know what you’re saying but the quickest way to learn and get up to speed is by playing football matches. It’s risky obviously.

Usually we all guess the team pretty much bang on like most of us did last weekend, this one will be more interesting and harder to call.

I like Coleman but I'd like to see Sidibé there...it seems he's fast, would link up well with Richarlison on the right and get forward, that makes our attack a little balanced as Digne and Bernard are more involved in attacking atm. I think this would make opposition less comfy to close down on our left given that they would have a big threat to consider on the right.

Other thing is Sidibé is rrrapid (based on...) but anyway I reckon he is, so I imagine that he will cover Keane (snail Keane @deipnosophist ) when Watford break, like Palace did and as @Eggs has pointed out we were vulnerable in behind Coleman/Keane against palace and could easily have conceded there
He's not that fast first of all. Secondly, he's a poor defensive player that takes too many risks defensively.

Always bring their a game against Everton. I think they will trouble us in central midfield. Issac success always seems to have his best game all season against us too. I'm going 2-2.

He was absolutely putrid at Goodison last season, his one trick was falling over trying to get a free kick every time the ball came near him. Godawful football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.