Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am cool with calling any team a "Rival" as long as it means our players play with a bit of force and passion. I just want to start beating these types of teams 2-0, 3-0, 4-1. A game where we insert our talent. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a special one for our season. A real launch pad for this first half
Bernard getting the goal is obviously massive but we won that on our backline so I've gone Mina for MOTM. Coleman second, Bernard third. We need the boys up top to start clicking a bit.
They will

Some of the play was turgid but throughout there were great bits that looked full of promise. Since it's but the beginning of the season I'll take that as encouragement. I had to jump some figurative hurdles to see the match today and I feel like Bernard's goal was my reward. Love that guy.

They will
I'm not worried, but we do need to give the boys we signed a go at this point. Preseason is meaningless but when the inability to score moves into the real season it starts to be an actual problem. We've played that front line for 4 or 5 games now going back to the friendlies and they've not done well. Get Iwobi and Kean in for DCL and probably Gylfi.

The only positive thing to take from the game is we won it, overall we were piss poor, Watford were the better team over the 90 mins and at times we made them look like Barca. Capoue was immense for them.

I see those flags worked.
But besides all there possession who created the most clear cut chances. What I am saying is we were below par yet still won without presenting them with many clear cut chances. Ugly win and we have to take it.

Watford and Crystal away are very difficult fixtures to start against, we get 4 points and most people here are gloom and doom.

Also, I'd really like to know our points % after Marco decided on this line-up of bernard(left) sig richy (right) DCL. (after he dropped walcott), seems like we've had a top5 performance ever since he did that in the turn of last year. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.