Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina - 10 impotent Deulofeus out of 10
Gbamin - 8 humble pies out of 10
Pickford - 8 chernobyl-shaped heads out of 10

Thought we looked disjointed today and outplayed through the middle of the park, if it were not for a combination of good defending and poor finishing we would have been beaten today.

Kean looked good when he came on, battled, worked and had 2 chances, the second one went just past the post and could have made things safe. I think Bernard looked great and Sigurdsson kept going all game. On the plus side we have our first win of the season and only 36 points to safety :drunk::dance:

Don’t know about that one tbh

...perhaps I have it wrong, but it looks like we are defending deep to me. A good indicator is the amount of offsides, i don’t remember seeing many. It’s understandable to protect our lack of pace, but it’s more difficult to put teams under pressure for prolonged periods or spring from the back.

What we gain defensively, we lose from an attacking perspective. I might have this wrong, but if i’m right it’s something we have to accept until we get some pace in central defence.

Thought we looked disjointed today and outplayed through the middle of the park, if it were not for a combination of good defending and poor finishing we would have been beaten today.

Kean looked good when he came on, battled, worked and had 2 chances, the second one went just past the post and could have made things safe. I think Bernard looked great and Sigurdsson kept going all game. On the plus side we have our first win of the season and only 36 points to safety :drunk::dance:
Or.

If we had taken our chances we'd have been out of sight.

His second chance was offside, nice to see him turn and shoot quick off the bat though.

Defensively we were excellent barring the key chance second half. Defended an awful lot of long balls and punts.We had enough chances to put them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.