Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for around 25 minutes of the game,like last week it was average to say the least,Richarlason and Gyfi not quite at the races yet,the 2 centre backs looked very comfortable and GBabim looks like he could be a player,had a few off moments but once used to the pace and lack of time Im sure he will cope,thought both managers made the wrong substitions,Kean looks very lively and dangerous,again disappointed rather than disheartened

Think some of the comments on here are bad this is from the bbc match report comments

Vital win for Everton.

This fixture brings back fond memories of their classic FA Cup encounters in the 1980’s when Everton beat them 2-0 in the 1984 Cup Final with Watford getting their revenge in the 1987 Final, winning 3-2 with a classic Keith Houchen diving header winner.

Some proper trumpets on there.

...it was how he made the half yard of space that created the chance for himself. Terrific. The first chance was encouraging, getting the ball in a wide position, going past his defender like he wasn’t there, but he could’ve then run in on goal or given it to Walcott.

Very encouraging.

Yup...and then to try and go low back across Foster, knowing Foster was going to be heading the other way with him once he made that space. Two good things...the first one, though...got too excited I think and just wanted to blast one. Can't blame him...haha

Worst case scenario we will be tied for 5th on the table, so decent start considering the injuries and new players.

The reality is we are playing solid defensively and that will bide us time to get the new players acclimated. Just imagine once we can start a full game with the following lineup, when each of the new players have had a month in training.

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
Gbamin Gomes
Siggurdson
Richarlison Kean Iwobi
Not sure why you are so eager to replace Seamus. He’s hardly on a bad run... Have you truly seen so much of Sidibe to know he is that much better.

I thought Keane was excellent again, Deeney's an absolute lump to play against and he handled him pretty comfortably.

We're still using Siggy too high up the pitch for my liking, hopefully Kean starting cn allow him to drop a bit deeper and link things. Let's just hope Digne's okay.

Mina and Kean excellent from start to finish. Watford overran us in the midfield but created very little. It was a grind but 3 welcome points. Think we are still looking slightly off fitness wise. Hope Digne is OK. Moise Kean showing a couple of glimpses of what he is capable of

I give motm to Mina but could have easily given it to Keane. Just glad that doubts are starting to be erased about Mina.

Oh and hats off to Pickford. He is being called upon much less in games now yet when needed has come up trumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.