Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford have been better from the start. Going a goal down didnt faze them.
They could get another if they push for it.
They know they have us all over the pitch.

Silva was a 433 man, Martinez eulogised about 352, both get to Everton and won’t play anything other than 4231. Would it hurt Silva to sub Sigurdsson for Davies in a few games and go with 3 in the middle?

Not sure we carry the goal threat to make a 433 effective, but in this game where we were ahead we needed to control the midfield and it was defo the way to go.

We lost the battle there and lost the foothold in the game. Playing four in advanced positions and couldn’t transition from defense to midfield to attack.

Utterly bullied can’t handle big physical teams.

Marco got tonight, badly wrong for me.

Snack of hubris about this.

Ok Everton, thanks for the brief bit of hope that you were going to be decent again.

The Anfield debacle certainly put us all back in our places and since then you have reverted completely to type.

Textbook Everton

Crippled me too.

With the next 2 fixtures coming up right ahead of Christmas, I think a big swerve of footy is required.

Sick and tired of constant failure.

It’s annoying because they put me off watching MOTD, listening to my fave podcasts, watching TV in general, they really are a proper life ruiner and have been for a good 5/6 years now.

We've got Tosun and DCL up front .... But we've still had to put Mina up there.

If that doesn't show the complete lack of quality we have up front I don't know what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.