Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...reading this site, it’s clear the feel good factor has currently gone. It’s probably a salient lesson not to get too carried away from a deluded or doom and gloom perspective.

When times are good, keep your feet on the ground by imagining two poor results. When times are bad, think positively by imaging two good results.

I hope we smash these, this years, we are bigger than Everton club, they come they get swatted away and on we go. 5 - 0 Toffees(I wish)

...reading this site, it’s clear the feel good factor has currently gone. It’s probably a salient lesson not to get too carried away from a deluded or doom and gloom perspective.

When times are good, keep your feet on the ground by imagining two poor results. When times are bad, think positively by imaging two good results.

Evertonians don't work like this though.

A player has a good game and he is the new Messi, consequently, has a bad game and he is the new cuco, we appear to exist on a match by match basis.

..I think he’s a real threat.

yeah on his day he's extremely dangerous running with the ball, he's been playing up front I think and he has decent movement, sleep on him and he will punish you, if only he was consistent.

Sod that eggs, I still reckon we can finish top 4 and win the FA Cup ;)

On another day we take 3 points against the rs, tails are up and we dispatch the horse punchers. Still a work in progress but I've seen more than enough to be positive about still.

That will change though if we don't win on Monday and I'll be demanding the sacking of Silva lol

...that will be a fascinating selection, i reckon Silva really wanted to partner Mina with Zouma and I wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to be his first choice from now on.
I was just reading that Zouma is keen to return to Chelsea at the end of the loan. If so, he's got to be back up and rotation. Keane's form this season may well have caused Silva to reconsider his choices, presuming you're correct and Silva wanted Mina and Zouma.

we bounce back, back to the same team as against the RS, lookman and tosun had a chance to stake a claimed and railed miserably ( more so tosun, lookman weren't awful )

sign a good striker in jan and I think we can get top 6/top 7 easily and go on a cup run

Must win if we want to be in the race for 6th

No it's not.

Which other teams, in and around 6th, are going to put winning runs together to stretch away from us? By the very nature of going for 6th these teams are either rubbish (United), playing above expectations (Watford/Bournemouth) or inconsistent (Us).

I think 60-65 points will be enough for 6th. Even if we lose against Watford then we'll need 37 points from 22 games to get to 60 points. That's still less than 2 points a game. Something the Top 5 are doing relatively easily.

It will be a close one. They will be dangerous. The importance of an early goal is paramount as is against all lower than us teams. I actually hope Watford come to play so we can exploit space. We are better than them but still no easy game in the Prem so need the fans to get behind the team and not sit there with folded arms expecting us to be 3 up at half time. Need Siggy and Digne on form for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.