Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina has only played 3/4 games so tiredness should not be an issue

I agree but I'm just thinking about games in short proximity and if we've got the option of keeping them all fresh and match sharp. Doesn't bother me if he sticks with just one pair but that was my thinking. In the attacking areas I would definitely be rotating as it keeps players fresh and also if teams arent sure which 4 we are going with up top makes us slightly more difficult to prepare. Richarlison will bring different challenges to a right back than Lookman or Bernard. Tosun and DCL both bring different challenges to CB from Richarlison.

TELEMMGLPICT000173079691_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNadeZm0KzkFwpSYJhHDpPdnmtm3XWosTHgZTwfmkibw.jpeg

Watford up next, no rest for the wicked in the month of December.

A last minute defeat and a draw against a very poor Newcastle side sadly has us looking over our shoulder, with City and Spurs after this we could really do with all 3 points here. Teams are coming to Goodison and not just parking the bus, they are parking 2 buses and we are sadly being very wasteful infront of goal.

After a great start Watford have faded a little recently 4 defeats and a draw in their last 5 games suggests we should put these to the sword, if only the footy was that easy.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Zouma - Mina - Digne
Gana - Gomes
Iceland
Lookman - Tosun - Rico​

What is this team? We must go back to the winning formula! No Tosun and Lookman a sub. Get Keane back in also.

they're a better team than newcastle, but that should mean they won't sit back nearly as much and we can exploit that. our style of play clearly benefits from space in behind and we've proven to be relatively poor at breaking defensive teams down.

think we'll win 3-1, they've got some great creative players (although they do blow hot n cold) and a hard-working midfield but hopefully we can pick off their aging center backs

This match feels like it might be the difference between 1-2 points from five matches and no momentum heading into the New Year or 4-5 points from same setting us up nicely for a good run. Curiously, I genuinely don’t know which is the more likely this season irrespective of what I more or less knew would happen in similar situations in the past. I am hoping we can start throwing some sharp elbows out, particularly to those immediately around us. Small margins. Best wishes for all fellow Blues and families for the holidays!

One of 2 things will happen .....
1) Watford up for it and we lose to a late winner by Deloufeu
2) We hammer them 3-0 ...play our best game of the season ....and then are hit with a 12 point deduction later in the day for stealing their manager.

This is Everton !

Status
Not open for further replies.