Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we continue to put in performances like that this relegation worries will be a thing of the past. One of our toughest fixtures especially with key players not bedded yet, and still could have won it in multiple spots. Midfield and defense looked as improved as we hoped they were on paper, and that was still without either Gana or Garner in.

We look solid in midfield 433 has to be the way forward. We shouldn’t be anywhere near a relegation battle. I just wish we got a quality winger wide forward in.

….I’m trying to not get carried away with Onana but what a mature display from such a young and inexperienced footballer in such a high profile match. As well as Davies played, you could tell Lampard was desperate to get Gueye onto the pitch. That’s his 3, Onana, Gana and Iwobi.

Sure, we rode our luck and Pickford was outstanding but there are signs. For older posters, it reminded me a little of the Maine Rd League Cup Final replay which the Reds narrowly won but we knew we had the makings of improvement.

Everybody contributed today, full-backs, CBs, every individual put a shift in but Onana gets my MoM. Telling when he was struggling after the dreadful tackle, two teammates were urging him to continue. I’m trying to not get carried away, but we could have a very special talent.
That was the game I started supporting Everton.

I know it's only a draw. But made up there, proper team performance and was always a threat. Similar derby to the 3-3 a while back.

Pickford motm, but voted for the team. All put in a great performance. Patterson was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.