Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
good point earned. could've gone either way. but happy with the draw and first clean sheet.

Our corner delivery has to be better.
Maupay was okay but I think he needs some time to gel with the front attackers. He shoots but weren't quality shots. Still, if you don't shoot, you don't score.
Gueye came on and felt like he never left. Interception and tackles which kickstart a counter. That display is what we've been missing.

Probably the only poor thing about us today. So poor especially when we struggle to create clear cut chances. It’s key we get this right.

Yes, only on the second replay though, I thought it was a deflection at first but then defo saw a hand?

Also why did they not VAR that assault by van dojo on Onana?
Exactly, on the 2nd reply it looks like it comes off an outstretched arm, but of course, like the tackle, it wasnt mentioned and var didnt look at it

Still think Milners foot was playing Coadey onside like, but Vin Dijk for certain should have seen red for that horrid stomp on Onana, that was a pure ankle breaker and meant as well.

Thought for good periods today we had them looking absolutely ragged at the back, very rarely can I say that about a derby.

Nobody let the side down today for sure though. Great to see the quality in Gueyes play almost instantly - Onana is everything Mina isn't in terms of a proper player who'll play through knocks, lol the stuff about Coadey being a red - the way he celebrated he's bloody committed to us - mom Pickford for some outstanding stops, but what a game by Patterson - absolutely put all doubts to bed today did the lad
It's usually muscular with Mina tbf
Can't really just play through a hammy

Can anything be done retrospectively ?
IMG-20220903-WA0028.jpg

….I’m trying to not get carried away with Onana but what a mature display from such a young and inexperienced footballer in such a high profile match. As well as Davies played, you could tell Lampard was desperate to get Gueye onto the pitch. That’s his 3, Onana, Gana and Iwobi.

Sure, we rode our luck and Pickford was outstanding but there are signs. For older posters, it reminded me a little of the Maine Rd League Cup Final replay which the Reds narrowly won but we knew we had the makings of improvement.

Everybody contributed today, full-backs, CBs, every individual put a shift in but Onana gets my MoM. Telling when he was struggling after the dreadful tackle, two teammates were urging him to continue. I’m trying to not get carried away, but we could have a very special talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.