Everton v Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is creating for the striker, not a good idea to have all three of them on the picth at the same time.

We probably would have better chance of getting the second goal if we played the same formation, but I suppose Billy and Osman are already tired after Thursday, but we could have tried Gosling on the right?

Oh, well is a waste of chance to get closer to the top, but at least we are into double figure, let's hope we could get 3 points off our next match!

Stoke will frustrate and take points off a few of the sides we're competing against for Europe this season. We were just unlucky Stevie P wasn't able to play today. I just keep daydreaming about how good we're gonna be next season, even if any new summer signings come in as late as usual (provided we're not really unlucky with injuries). I agree with whoever it was who said it'll be like watching Arsenal but with the difference being a strong defence too. ;)

Stoke will frustrate and take points off a few of the sides we're competing against for Europe this season. We were just unlucky Stevie P wasn't able to play today. I just keep daydreaming about how good we're gonna be next season, even if any new summer signings come in as late as usual (provided we're not really unlucky with injuries). I agree with whoever it was who said it'll be like watching Arsenal but with the difference being a strong defence too. ;)

Depends who'll be leaving too:p

Got to agree with the crowd, we didn't play badly, it was just one of those days.

Last week we probably were lucky to get all three points, this week we were unlucky to just get a draw. It happens.

The point is, we have a two week break and hopefully we can get some of our more creative players back from injury and our new guys settled in a bit better and come out racing afterwards.

We're midtable and still in all the cups. When we get our best 11 to pick from again, its not a bad position to push on from.

One of them games, but fair play to Stoke they were strong, defended well and restricted us to not many chances. A decent team of grocks, how we used to play to so complaints. Some stuff and things:

* on another day, Cahill would have buried them two headers.
* Distin once again, looking superb this cat.
* Heitinga, much better at CB - really pleased to him brought the ball out of defence.
* Bily is going to need a little time to adapt to the English game but hell of a touch on him.
* I like that Shawcross but if Fellaini I would have put my head through his face and took the red. Nails me like.
* were playing some nice stuff, I like that.

Well in Stoke.

If Distin's proved anything this week, its that he can make anyone look good playing next to him. Next game we should stick Osman there.

(Though Osman did well today, to be fair.)

bit disapointed with a draw, i expected another win now we just have 3 wins in 7 games we`re on the back foot again.

One of them games, but fair play to Stoke they were strong, defended well and restricted us to not many chances. A decent team of grocks, how we used to play to so complaints. Some stuff and things:

* on another day, Cahill would have buried them two headers.How did he miss, unreal
* Distin once again, looking superb this cat.True this.
* Heitinga, much better at CB - really pleased to him brought the ball out of defence.Legend.
* Bily is going to need a little time to adapt to the English game but hell of a touch on him.Very true, boy got the talent tho, he swings that left so sweet.
* I like that Shawcross but if Fellaini I would have put my head through his face and took the red. Nails me like.I was screaming for mophead to smash him in the grid.
* were playing some nice stuff, I like that.Missed the nice stuff.

Well in Stoke.Do 1 Stoke, your fans are weapons.

Feels like we got beat 6-0 to me.

Heitinga looked much better at centre back, him and Distin won everything. Really pleased to see because he looked shaky against Portsmouth, he's got a great leap like Jagielka aswell.

Sylvain Distin is a monster, a superb player.

Leighton Baines and Bilyaletdinov didn't really link up well today, I think it was a case of two left footers attacking the same space. Pienaar cuts inside so there's a bit more variety there.

Billy needs time though, he's going to have to adapt to the pace of the game, he's got to play quicker aswell and get the ball out of his feet so that he can use that left foot in the right areas.

We missed Pienaar today, his creativity and energy is a massive part of play at the moment and when he's not there it's clear to see. But saying that we created for Cahill, on another day it would've been 3-1.

Think people are being overly critical about Billy today to be fair. Thought he actually had a good game, was wanting the ball all the time and always looks composed on it. His touch is also consistantly excellent, and although his efforts on goal weren't the best I was just pleased that he was getting himself into some good positions. He will get better though no doubt, reminds me of when Pienaar first joined actually..

Distin and in particular Heitinga were impressive today, as was Tony Hibbert. Also thought Maro moved around better and got on the ball a lot more - he needs to keep that up! Tim Cahill also gets a special mention, though he really should have buried at least one of those headers.

Not overly disappointed with the scoreline. I said before the game that Stoke are no mugs and they certainly got men behind the ball and worked hard. The players will get a bit of a break now to get their legs back.

Last edited:
We lack creativity without Arteta and or Pienaar. We just cant open teams up without either of them in the side.

Which is why I said, and I quote "God help us if Pienaar gets injured" - when I was massively frustrated with the lack of centre midfielder who could carry the ball when the window shut.

Seems as though Moyes agrees;

"But we just didn't have the players available to make lots of changes and today that was it. We needed a little bit more craft on the field that we didn't have available to us"

Wheres that patronising lot who were saying we didn't need a creative player bringing in?

Have to say that Heitinga made a good impression today. He was played in his best position though, at CB. Hope Moyes sees it the same way and keeps him there. There are better RB's at Everton.

Had problems keeping up with events, radio was strictly 'big four' friendly, usual crap with signals, but, all done, 1-1 in the end, on paper at least perhaps a slightly disappointing outcome but Stoke are a team that work hard at you, Pulis has put toghether a hardworking, organized side that are no pushovers, but with home advantage I felt a little hard done by with a solitary point, but after Thursdays trip, excuses can be made, still miles better than the first few weeks that had to be endured.

I can't understand the need for an international break, all home countries have either qualified or have missed out now, I'd much rather have another game next week. :mad:

Which is why I said, and I quote "God help us if Pienaar gets injured" - when I was massively frustrated with the lack of centre midfielder who could carry the ball when the window shut.

Seems as though Moyes agrees;

"But we just didn't have the players available to make lots of changes and today that was it. We needed a little bit more craft on the field that we didn't have available to us"

Wheres that patronising lot who were saying we didn't need a creative player bringing in?

Bily, Pienaar, Arteta, Osman are all creative players in their best positions.... 2 of them are injured, 1 is played out of position, and the other hasnt reached fully fitness or at least adjusted to the prem as of yet.

Looking at it that way, getting a creative midfielder would be good but a bit chocker in who to play. Benega would've been awesome as he'd have been a loan we could drop, use, move around.

I think a defensive Essien type midfielder is what we need though.

We lost today cos we played too defensive, we played with a midfield 3, Fellaini and Cahill where both slow to support Saha.

Taking the piss there, arent you matey?:D

We DREW because we couldnt finish the minimal chances we had. Other than that we bossed the game and played good foosball.

Status
Not open for further replies.