Everton v Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasnt even watched the game Bill, he saw 2minutes highlights and listened to a few poeples views on here, no offence, but unless you have watched extended highlights or even the full game, you cant really offer a view that the draw must rest on 1 persons shoulders, thats just stupid.

after reading a few of scottsblue's posts on here during the game my wind up merchant spider senses are tingling.

Getting back to corners, how can we have 11 men back defending one but not stick a man on both posts, thats a schoolboy error that is.
Posted via Mobile Device

This would not be Everton if we don't lose points in games we should be winning, so, it was expected we dropped points against Stoke, but this could act as a nice warning to the lads, any team in the Premier League could spring a surprise if you are not careful.

Now, I hope we could work on getting the next four win in a role in the league before we face Man Utd, we need great momentum and confidence if we are to get points off them!

I do feel the substitution could have worked for us, if only we used the right formation and tactic to go with it. When you place three striker on the pitch the idea was to force the play, we need to neil them to there half.

"Jo" is a striker he would be most effective in the final third so playing him as a LM is not such a good idea, we should have push him right up the left side, the defence line need to push right up as well.

Especially Baines who need to cover the empty space "Jo" is leaving behind, This, could have worked? Replacing someone with "Gosling" could provide us with more crosses on the right, which could have improve our chances of winning? But it would run the risk of counter attack, but certainly worth a tried.

Had a good day lads and shared a few pints with some of you Blues in the Chepstow Castle

The cold pies and lack of alcohol in the ground was a bit upsetting, but the result was a good one and made the journey home more pleasurable.

Think you shaded the game, and Sorro made a fantastic save, but your goal was quality and cant believe Cahill missed with two headers

Will be back on for a chat before the game at our place

Hope you all make it - cheers

Glad you had a good day mate. All the Stoke fans I've met have generally been sound (apart from one) so good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll make amends for yesterday's result in the return fixture...

Stoke merited their point imo. We have to get used to teams such as them coming to Goodison and making it hard for us to break them down. To be honest, I thought they restricted us and towards the end of the game, we never looked likely to get a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.