Everton v Spurs. 3rd Nov @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst I have ever seen. We didnt put a foot right in the first half. They didnt do much either though.

Just a few thoughts on today. I see Osman is getting a lot of stick, fair enough but Pienaar was worse I reckon. He was terrible. Mirallas did next to nothing again too.

I reckon we are just as good as Spurs though. I dunno why some people are acting like Barcelona came to town today or something.

Then you've got an incredibly short memory.

That makes no sense at all

They just turned up and we didn't. That was barely even an Everton team first half.

Outclassed is just the wrong word for it. To someone who's never watched the game before, it would have looked like Spurs were a class above, but we know they're not. Our team just played like a pack of c*nts.

Worst I have ever seen. We didnt put a foot right in the first half. They didnt do much either though.

Just a few thoughts on today. I see Osman is getting a lot of stick, fair enough but Pienaar was worse I reckon. He was terrible. Mirallas did next to nothing again too.

I reckon we are just as good as Spurs though. I dunno why some people are acting like Barcelona came to town today or something.

You forgotten the Wigan game mate?

They just turned up and we didn't. That was barely even an Everton team first half.

Outclassed is just the wrong word for it. To someone who's never watched the game before, it would have looked like Spurs were a class above, but we know they're not. Our team just played like a pack of c*nts.

As I said before can't see many teams turning them over. To come here and pin us in our own half for 45minutes shows they're no mugs. Top players on their bench aswell. We were outclassed in the first half we never got near them. Second half was better

We were outplayed first half, not out classed.

But at the same time we made them look good as we weren't doing the basics. There was very little pressing when spurs had the ball, and when we did have the ball we struggled to find another player in a blue shirt.

was pleased to see mccarthy put in a good 2nd half performance. he was fairly poor first, but then again, who wasn't? pienaar was poor, seemed to do a little bit better and then when we used our subs, he went back to being poor. Would ahve probably taken him off over mirallas because mirallas started to threaten a bit at the start of the second half, but you can't blame bobby for taking him off because he was poor

Spurs outplayed us first half, as we should expect as they have a stronger starting 11, and arguably the most balanced squad in the league.
In the second half, we had the better. A draw was a fair result.

Sometimes, I do worry though, we are our own worst enemy. I am in favour of playing possession football, but on 4/5 occasions today we lost the ball in our own third. This led to us having to have a pro-longed spell of defending. I think at times, especially early in games when the pressure is on, we have to mix our game up a bit. There is nothing wrong, with hitting channels/long to Lukaku, and pressing the opposition in their last third. This is not as offensive, or easy on the eye, but in games against the top sides, should allow us to gain a foothold, and may drive the opposition back to give us space to then pass the ball.

However, it was a decent result today, against a good side.

As I said before can't see many teams turning them over. To come here and pin us in our own half for 45minutes shows they're no mugs. Top players on their bench aswell. We were outclassed in the first half we never got near them. Second half was better

How do you suddenly jump from one class to another between halfs?

Being outlcassed is a bit more substantial than that...which is why people telling you you're confusing 'outclassed' with 'outplayed' are correct.

That is one powerful midfield spurs have,they tore us apart for 45 minutes,their speed,intricate passing and movement both on and off the ball was pure quality.
2nd half was very much even,end to end play from both sides.
0-0 is not ideal, but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.