Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Any of the three subs

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One win in eight league games (one in nine in all competitions) in a group of fixtures, compared to those coming up, were relatively easy.

What's even worse is that we simply haven't performed well in the mainstay, so we can't even claim that we have been unlucky.

Thank God for our early run of successive victories as that's providing a fair period of reprieve, as otherwise we would be much lower down.

Only positive is that Koeman experienced a similar period of awful performances when at Southampton and was able to finally turn it around.

He did at Saints though.

He did at Feyenoord.

He's had 13 games and he wants his experienced players to give him a reaction.

They haven't done and that's now the worry, and now is when he needs to make the changes - even if it is just one or two of the youngsters coming in to freshen things up.
I thought all the Saints fans didn't like that he talked their academy down?

first half against spurs ! I saw pressing from the off ! this is what i want to see ! sadly we havent done it since ! nobody can be bothered ! manager just plays them again ! rubbish !

....well done to all the lads and lasses who made that trip to the south cost. A second rate team isn't deserving of first rate fans. Good on you.

Agreed, the supporters who made that trip are Everton Football Club not the players. They are a disgrace to the shirt. Koeman really does have a big job on his hands, we'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the league. The team around 11th place have improved in the main while we have stood still at best.

It's a worry now Steve.

Not all on Koeman as this squad is rotten and we are seeing the end of a team - and that needs time to sort (and definitely more than 13 games).

However, there comes a stage where things have to change. At the moment he seems to be plugging away in the hope he will get a reaction that plainly isn't coming from these players, and a system that doesn't suit.

Once again, when Valencia came on we suddenly had another presence up front and it helped, but we were just so rushed and panicked.

S'ton showed us up today playing in the way that Koeman is demanding of us - with intensity and aggression and making sure we win possession back and take our chances.

We've been crap and as far as I'm concerned there are about one or two players who as it stands are good or consistent enough to play that way.

Majpor worry for me is that twice before he has had these runs where his team looked for want of a better word lacking fight/ideas, one at Saints he changed around last year with a change of formation being the key and that can either be ascirbed to great management or pure luck (Rodgers if you remember had similar with Gerrard moving deep when they nearly won it) the other time was at Valencia when the team gave up on him, right now the only ones looking to have any fight are the new players - the rest just seem to drop a head when things aint going there way initially and thats a very very worrying sign you never see from a team with belief in what they aredoing and in each other.

Koeman talks and talks about pressing, yet since the first half of the opening game we have not done so- and that for me sets alarm bells ringing if he actually benefitted from a saints team under Poch that was well drilledin that part of the game and hes struggling to 'teach' it to players unacustomed which would cast doubts over his training big time

Who would get in your team:

Steks - short term fix but no!!
Coleman - had his day but no
Jags - too old, go
Williams , yes but only short term
Baines, finished so no
Barry, thank you for your service but no
Gana, yes
Barkley, squad only
Bolaise, squad only
Lennon, no
Lukaku, does count as he will go anyway but yes
Delboy, doesn't offer enough, no
Mirallas, see above

Bringing in Dowell, Holgate, Davies, Calvert whatever, means we have to do some serious spending in January, something I can't see us doing.

This [Poor language removed] will not give youth a shot!!!!!:rant:
Couldn't have said this any better

I don't know what people really want or expect from Lennon

Is job is to track back, work hard and free the ball up for the more creative players

He did that today

If the creative players actually had any work rate we wouldn't need him, but they don't and we do

...I thought he actually lost his overlap runner a couple of times, once he made a last ditch tackle in the first half but he was caught looking over his shoulder. I suggest a wide player needs to be effective at both ends of the pitch. It's one of the toughest jobs in football but if they simply get the ball and give it to the creative players we might as well play 2 full backs on each side.

we want a team of battering rams and instead we have a team of limp biscuits.

there is just no passion from the senior players and the leadership is non existent. barry jags Williams baines are just showing no qualities in getting the team to perform. they are all just being dull boring 'seasoned pros' and going through the motions.

lukaku is just not interested in everton and has no pride in the club or performing for us.

the formation and the barkley role with 2 cdms doesn't work

oh , and the style of football ? well what style ? its as bad as Martinez and at times desperate.

the body language stank for the whole game with pretty much every player. only coleman seemed to want to take the game to Southampton and showed any intention of wanting to perform for the shirt.

there is no team on that pitch. as a group they stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.