• Any of the three subs

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That game tells me 3 things
1, VVD is class
2, There is no chance VVD would sign for a club like us
3, We need 9/10 new signings that go straight in the team...

I am starting to think getting rid of Lukaku my be for the best for the club, he doesn't want to know when things aren't put on plate for him, you don't get a shift out of him when things aren't going well. I said this before the season starts.

Half-agree on Rom but in the meantime we need to get the best out of him.

We looked much more dangerous (I know we were getting desperate like) when Valencia came on.

Not because of Valencia's quality, but because we had two strikers to occupy two defenders.

Rom can't do the job of a lone striker. He isn't that player. He's a goalscorer and that's it. But that is vital.

Just when this place couldn't get any more grim ! think il swerve till next Friday . Some of the end if world crew on here will be unbearable

haha this is true.

I think even I now want things to be changed though.

Not defending any of them (players or coach) today. It was crap.

Who would get in your team:

Steks - short term fix but no!!
Coleman - had his day but no
Jags - too old, go
Williams , yes but only short term
Baines, finished so no
Barry, thank you for your service but no
Gana, yes
Barkley, squad only
Bolaise, squad only
Lennon, no
Lukaku, does count as he will go anyway but yes
Delboy, doesn't offer enough, no
Mirallas, see above

Bringing in Dowell, Holgate, Davies, Calvert whatever, means we have to do some serious spending in January, something I can't see us doing.

This [Poor language removed] will not give youth a shot!!!!!:rant:

....true but you would expect him to get more out of them. I'm still sitting on the fence but the signs aren't great. Time will tell.

13 games Eggs.

You wouldn't expect more from them as they're crap. It's plain and simple that they just aren't good enough anymore.

The fact that out of our five signings, four of them have been our best performers overall (even though they haven't been great) tells me that Koeman's style works.

It's just that the squad that we had before isn't capable of playing that way.

Now is the time for changes though. He needs to rock the boat a bit.

Who would get in your team:

Steks - short term fix but no!!
Coleman - had his day but no
Jags - too old, go
Williams , yes but only short term
Baines, finished so no
Barry, thank you for your service but no
Gana, yes
Barkley, squad only
Bolaise, squad only
Lennon, no
Lukaku, does count as he will go anyway but yes
Delboy, doesn't offer enough, no
Mirallas, see above

Bringing in Dowell, Holgate, Davies, Calvert whatever, means we have to do some serious spending in January, something I can't see us doing.

This [Poor language removed] will not give youth a shot!!!!!:rant:

He did at Saints though.

He did at Feyenoord.

He's had 13 games and he wants his experienced players to give him a reaction.

They haven't done and that's now the worry, and now is when he needs to make the changes - even if it is just one or two of the youngsters coming in to freshen things up.

I'm going to revisit beer. A load of self entitled, overblown, unfit, weak and completely lacking in artifice 'professional football players' who wouldn't know the meaning of the word effort even if it smacked them in the gob.
...they certainly aren't lacking in artifice. That shower of uselessness we call Everton are a pretence of a team.

Half-agree on Rom but in the meantime we need to get the best out of him.

We looked much more dangerous (I know we were getting desperate like) when Valencia came on.

Not because of Valencia's quality, but because we had two strikers to occupy two defenders.

Rom can't do the job of a lone striker. He isn't that player. He's a goalscorer and that's it. But that is vital.
The system deffo has to change everyone can see that and yes he needs someone close to him all the time, it infuriates me that the fans are lining the effin pockets of these useless millionaires

13 games Eggs.

You wouldn't expect more from them as they're crap. It's plain and simple that they just aren't good enough anymore.

The fact that out of our five signings, four of them have been our best performers overall (even though they haven't been great) tells me that Koeman's style works.

It's just that the squad that we had before isn't capable of playing that way.

Now is the time for changes though. He needs to rock the boat a bit.

...he got more from them at first but you could well be right. Perhaps he's simply found out the likes of Barkley, Deulofeu and Mirallas.

I've said it for a long time now, this is the poorest squad we've had for over a decade.

Never mind if it's down to Moyes, Martinez, Koeman or whatever, we have an ageing defence, an injury prone, uncreative midfield, a bunch of largely ineffective wingers and no options at all at centre forward if Lukaku isn't on top form.

This is not knee jerking, it's been obvious for well over a year.

As for today's team, Jagielka & Baines have been great servants for the club but are now clearly well past their best. Any talk of extending Leighton's contract should be dismissed immediately. Lennon, Mirallas and Deulofeu - thank you and goodbye. If anyone asks why Deulofeu isn't in the team just look at his pathetic non-performance today for an answer. As for Valencia, did he touch the ball at all?

Lukaku - all right, we're clearly a one man team and it's unreasonable to expect him to be brilliant in every game. It would be good to see some more work from him if things aren't going his way, though. It's criminal that we have absolutely no options up front other than Lukaku, especially considering that we've spent over £20M on Kone, Valencia and Niasse.

I accept that Koeman inherited an unfit, under-motivated, mentally weak set of players from Martinez, but I can't see much in the way of improvement in fitness, motivation, tactics, formation, belief, leadership or enthusiasm.

Grim times indeed. If things don't improve quickly, we'll be in a relegation fight by the spring. Southampton weren't anything special today, if we'd played a good team I dread to think what the result could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.