Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good enough side to win the game with

We didn't take our chances and let in a stupid goal

I just don't think our mentality was right in this cup this season. There was an infuriating nonchalance to it all

We didn't really look bothered to win the game until the 80th minute

The club clearly doesn't prioritise this tournament

I won't be attending Milk Cup games anymore until the club adequately displays that they care about winning it as much as we do as supporters

This.
100% this.

Silva may have got it wrong with one or two too many changes. I'll give people that.

But that does not excuse our players doing the basics wrong yet again.

We had enough quality on that pitch to beat that Southampton team. We didn't put our chances away and fell asleep at the back.

Richarlison and Walcott - our supposed saviours - made a mess of their pens.

Because it is full of people going nutty about our lack of ambition when this is the 3rd of 5 single elimination rounds followed by a two leg semi that almost guarantees a game at a ground we haven't won at in at least a decade. Plus winning the least important trophy we could possibly win doesn't mean anything really. So what I'm saying is imagine the fume if instead we had played our strongest team, Gueye or Digne or Keane/Zouma or Pickford had got hurt and then Schneids or Baines or Holgate or Stek had to play an extended run of league games. I'd be more mad about that than I am about losing tonight.
OK but that's a lot of negative 'ifs' What IF nobody got injured and we won our way through, giving the fans the players and the whole club a lift of mood and a winning buzz.. I think that would mean a lot to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.