Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we are so negative when sitting on a lead, got away with it quite a few times this season.
I don't think it was intentional - we did try early in the second half. But this is the thing, this is where your manager should help out.

We'd run out of ideas going forward by about the hour mark. So had they, but were obviously always gonna throw the kitchen sink at us if there was only a goal in it. So why not make that change earlier, give them something to think about.

It is daft. But, anyway, we won, and got that dreadful home record ended.

I felt we should have done a bit more and put the game to bed 2nd half. There was always a danger the last 10 minutes that we concede a goal. We defended well but we invited it a bit too much towards the end of the game. A win is a win and we will move on. Win on Thursday and we are in the mix.

I feel like I'm watching the same game over and over,look comfortable then the last 10 minutes or so concede corner after corner,I cant pick a MOTM as I dont think anybody was outstanding in the same way nobody was poor,but please give us 1 game were we can relax for the last 10/15 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.