Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this current faze of teams pressing all season fades away in a few season. Absolutely no way players can keep that up consistently over a number of years.

3 points that w
What did Allan give us in that game, all I remember is him getting to the ball and clearing it straight to their CMs and nearly letting Ings in at the end dithering on the ball. Should have been off way before then......
Thought he was lucky to stay on second half looked dead on his feet

Christ, my heart can’t take much more of these scabby close wins. Good three points but think there’s a lot more in our tank to get at teams. Just defending almost constantly doesn’t feel good. Especially when presenting teams with as good chances as we did there. A better team scores at least one there tonight, if not two.

If you wanted a word to describe us, we 'satisfice'.

I guess it gets the job done, but its not exciting, that's for sure.
To be honest, even after the derby I thought to myself I wish we'd won it with a little more style cause it sure wasn't pretty! But there's no way we'd be this far up the table if we were playing more openly.
It's definitely not the kind of football I enjoy my team to play (or I to watch) but we won't get anywhere in the long term without results so it's definitely a pragmatic/sensible approach for now.

Job done. 2nd home clean sheet of the season. They didn't create much. Improvement on recent home horror shows albeit the bar was very very low.

We weren't good and it was systematic of how we've played this season since about 5 games in.

But need to trust the long term here, Carlo undoubtedly will have plans with what to do to improve us and hes got us 2 points off 4th with a game in hand.

Hard to grumble much with that.

Dog of a game but a moment of quality made the difference, that's what the top sides do.

Big 3 points that, every bit as important as last week in the grand scheme of things. Now don't drop any against Fat Sam either.

Status
Not open for further replies.