Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These went man to man with us at their place and beat us comfortably.
We were unbeaten at that point.
Nothing means anything anymore! Home form worries me.

Fulham were due a win, Everton obliged.
We were due a win at the pit, we won.
These are due a win.... Smash them Everton.

Up the toffees.

I don't think us celebrating this victory will have any effect on what the team does in the next game.

I'm 55 and I can't remember a time when the fans weren't bothered about winning the derby, even we were looking at the bigger picture.

We can do both.
I didn't despise liverpool when I first started supporting us, in fact just having become a footie fan I used to watch out for all teams' results and based my praise and criticisms on what happened on the pitch. I kept tabs on Liverpool's players as I did with all the other teams' players. Not being from England I wasn't privy to the history between our club and Liverpool but even then I understood the big picture. I became a footie fan the moment I saw Dave Beasant dive like a golden eagle and save that penalty from Aldridge. My dad who liked Liverpool a lot but wasn't a fan of any team kept criticizing their (liverpool) unsportsmanlike like behavior and was egging the underdogs on. I became an Everton fan the next day. I was sixteen. Even as a kid that didn't mind too much about Liverpool and who lived thousands of miles away and who didn't yet know the history , I always, always bothered about winning the derby.

Is there another Everton that moment coming? Hopefully not! The derby win will be celebrated for a long time to come, but i think if we are on form, then we should dispatch the saints easily enough. It's so important to back up the derby win, with a positive result and performance here.

I'm fine with it been on Monday. I can periodically pull my plum in between prem matches to the Anfield highlights hoping a few results go our way. And if everton do end up ruining it atleast I had a good weekend.

I didn't despise liverpool when I first started supporting us, in fact just having become a footie fan I used to watch out for all teams' results and based my praise and criticisms on what happened on the pitch. I kept tabs on Liverpool's players as I did with all the other teams' players. Not being from England I wasn't privy to the history between our club and Liverpool but even then I understood the big picture. I became a footie fan the moment I saw Dave Beasant dive like a golden eagle and save that penalty from Aldridge. My dad who liked Liverpool a lot but wasn't a fan of any team kept criticizing their (liverpool) unsportsmanlike like behavior and was egging the underdogs on. I became an Everton fan the next day. I was sixteen. Even as a kid that didn't mind too much about Liverpool and who lived thousands of miles away and who didn't yet know the history , I always, always bothered about winning the derby.
nice post

Is there another Everton that moment coming? Hopefully not! The derby win will be celebrated for a long time to come, but i think if we are on form, then we should dispatch the saints easily enough. It's so important to back up the derby win, with a positive result and performance here.
...there is always another 'Everton that' moment looming ...that reality is intrinsic to what gives us Everton supporters laudable equanimity in our affairs regarding general life lol

This is another one of those winnable matches that we rarely lift ourselves for and do the business, instead we just seemingly go through the motions and plod along without ever worrying the opposition. Hopefully, things will be different this time and we'll shorten the gap between ourselves and fourth-place West Ham... now there's a sentence I never thought I'd ever write.

Everton  .jpg

EFC.png

SOT.png

The Saints are in free fall at the moment, we have been letting it slide at home but time to call a halt to that, we are at the business end of the season and anything less than win against this shower will be a massive step backwards IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.