Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hasenhuttl.jpg

Vs

Everton_Carlo_Ancelotti6.jpg

Nope. Being a successful team means wiping out the bad memories, and then moving on. It's great to celebrate getting that monkey off our back, but now that's done move on. I'm old enough to remember winning Derby games and not being bothered about it as we were looking at the bigger picture, that's what we need to get back to.
I don't think us celebrating this victory will have any effect on what the team does in the next game.

I'm 55 and I can't remember a time when the fans weren't bothered about winning the derby, even we were looking at the bigger picture.

We can do both.

Going forward he needs to stop messing about with the back 4 and not change it unless due to injury.

Needs to play Doucoure, Allan & Davies as a midfield 3.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Davies Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Thats our best team on paper at the moment - dont want to be seeing Coleman, Slowmes or Siggurdsson forced into it.

All of those 3 are fine off the bench to see a game out when the pace of the play has died down.

Stick with that team and we'll get top 7 we cant keep tinkering all the time all it does is disrupt partnerships on the pitch and prevents chemistry from being built.
I'm thoroughly unconvinced Carlo has been tinkering for the sake of it. I think that he has, in fact, been managing a football team as best he can whilst adapting constantly to handle the injuries we've had this season.

I do like the look of your proposed 11 though, and I tend to agree it's probably our current strongest lineup IF Pickford can consistently perform like he did at Analfield.

Going forward he needs to stop messing about with the back 4 and not change it unless due to injury.

Needs to play Doucoure, Allan & Davies as a midfield 3.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Davies Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Thats our best team on paper at the moment - dont want to be seeing Coleman, Slowmes or Siggurdsson forced into it.

All of those 3 are fine off the bench to see a game out when the pace of the play has died down.

Stick with that team and we'll get top 7 we cant keep tinkering all the time all it does is disrupt partnerships on the pitch and prevents chemistry from being built.
100% 14 league games left and hopefully 3 cup games, a maximum of 17 games, surly pro athletes can easily handle that over 3 months... 9 days off now before 2 winnable games no excuse for lackluster performances any more.. we know what the team is capable of, top 4 is within our grasp we shouldn't need to be playing top sides to get motivated.

100% 14 league games left and hopefully 3 cup games, a maximum of 17 games, surly pro athletes can easily handle that over 3 months... 9 days off now before 2 winnable games no excuse for lackluster performances any more.. we know what the team is capable of, top 4 is within our grasp we shouldn't need to be playing top sides to get motivated.

When did you see the RS or Citeh rotate their back 4 unless they needed to?

You need chemistry at the back which only happens with playing alongside one another every week.

Moyes is doing that at West Ham this season and without injuries its paying off same as it did when he was at us.

You should be able to name the starting 11 most weeks not have to guess who's coming in and out the side every week which for me is why we are so Jekyll and Hyde.

You need chemistry at the back which only happens with playing alongside one another every week.

Moyes is doing that at West Ham this season and without injuries its paying off same as it did when he was at us.

You should be able to name the starting 11 most weeks not have to guess who's coming in and out the side every week which for me is why we are so Jekyll and Hyde.
All the top teams over the years had constant defenders, look at Chelsea it was often pointed out that John Terry hasn't missed a game in X amount of years.. United teams of the past seemed to go for years with the same back 4, likewise Arsenal. A solid constant back 4 is necessary for any momentum.

Klopp can’t resist tinkering with his. Hasn’t he used 100 different pairings already this season!

I remember back in the day when we would regularly give Southampton a thrashing but we seem to have struggled in the last few seasons & Ings always scores. Need to have a plan & be up for it or it will be another West Ham/Newcastle/Fulham.

One game at a time, this time its them, no big deal. They're a team of potential folders who have had Nine put on them twice in recent memory.
We play as well as we can and we win most times.
The Derby win can be either a millstone or a stepping stone - up to us to decide which.

We struggled with their intensity at their place. They aren't the type of team that we tend to do well against. Big test for the team and the coaching staff. If Gomes and Romeu both play it'll be like watching a slow motion replay in midfield!!

Allan, Davies and Doucoure in midfield please to get us up the pitch and implement the transition from defence to attack quickly.
Same intensity as Leeds to be fair, 4-4-2 pressing with the 2 strikers, fullbacks get up high.

City rested Stones against us and brought him in against Arsenal yesterday. They have the quality to rotate about 8 players a game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.