Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reeling after that disgrace yesterday. I have seen us be truly woeful down the years, Walker/Smith era but at least then we knew where we stood in terms of ability and it wasn’t a surprise when we lost. But that yesterday has really annoyed me.

There is absolutely no excuse for that “performance” at home to Sheffield United who probably won’t get another away point for the rest of the season.

Disgrace.

Why was Iwobi dropped?

Why was Tosun brought on?

Why did Schneiderlein start?

Why was Sidibe not even named as a substitute?

Why did Theo Walcott come on to play at full back?

These are all questions i have no rational answer for. People make strange decisions when they are desperate and their thoughts are scrambled.

God knows why

Better option than DCL

It was him or Davies with Gomes out

Foolish to not have a full back on the bench

See above

My question is how was Sigurdsson allowed to start again much less play the full 90 after going missing again

When Walcott came on he didn’t even have a message for the defenders. I mean he had just come on for Coleman.
Normally when a sub comes on he starts barking orders from the Manager. There was nothing.
A disorganised rabble
The worry for me though is lack of motivation, that’s down to the Manager.
He's still mentally sat in the corner of the bournemouth dugout elbows on knees, with his head down

shouldn't we be able to pick a motm from the opposition if none of ours deserve credit? having said that Bernard was bright today before being weirdly taken off

Still baffled by it all. You spend the whole afternoon putting crosses in yet play Bernard over Iwobi, who would have been on the end of a couple of them. You play Bernard who then plays in the middle and not on the wing creating absolutely no space for anyone, just what the opposition manager would have loved. Been a Silva fan but that yesterday was just appalling management.

Status
Not open for further replies.