Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good run of six straight league home victories ended, conceding in consecutive league games for the first time since February. 16 shots, 3 on target and 12 corners. We dominated the play and should have made a greater impression.

Fortune favoured Sheffield United. They were well organised in defence and are now unbeaten in 12 away league games. But they offered very little in attack.

Second half tactics puzzled me. Two subs after 10 minutes - why not at half time? And why Tosun? How exactly did we expect to create chances? Effort alone was not enough.

An interesting week lies ahead. We need to win at Hillsborough. City will presumably rest players at Preston. Then a tea time kick-off on Saturday.

Anyway I thought Sheffield United were good at implementing a game plan, they made it hard for us, very hard..... watch them roll over next week....
If them lot have Sixteen chances against them I'm sure they will score more than we did. In all honesty it was a smash and grab result for the blades and we should have won easily.

Slow and predictable. Second half was akin to throwing [Poor language removed] on a wall in the hope that some would stick. I would of had Iwobi on at half-time for Schneiderlin, and perhaps Davies for Bernard to provide more tempo to our game.

Thoroughly disappointing performance, almost laughable.

Leicester 3rd, West Ham 5th, Bournemouth 6th, Everton 14th... And we think that everything is fine? Someone's got to be blame for this, you name it..

Even Silva said the second half was bad in his post match interview. We lost because of stupid mistakes by Pickford and Mina and really never looked like scoring. We managed to get goals in previous years with much less talent in the forward line - don't understand it. We should have a much better team on paper than we do in the flesh. The subs were awful.
Bad few games for us.
Watched a Bundeslega game this morning in the gy,m - its all about getting to the bye-line and pulling it back into the box, all about fast flowing attacks. we looked capable of that on our day but seem to get in a downward spiral once goals or performances go against us. Seems like we are still thinking of the last game until half time in the next, by which time we are a goal down.
Sad.

Just heard, this side we fielded was the most expensive line up we have ever played in a match? All that money spent for us to be useless

At the risk of being abused, if you haven't already done so there's still time to vote for a Man of the Match vs Sheff.Utd.
Don't delay, vote today, poll closes at 4.56pm tomorrow ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.