Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Walcott came on he didn’t even have a message for the defenders. I mean he had just come on for Coleman.
Normally when a sub comes on he starts barking orders from the Manager. There was nothing.
A disorganised rabble
The worry for me though is lack of motivation, that’s down to the Manager.

Just finished watching MOTD.

Thought their No. 11 fouled Pickford for their first goal. Just obstructed/took him out.

Can't fault their second. Great pass, cool finish. That's what happens on the break when you can't turn possession into goals...

Oh well...

LOL

When Walcott came on he didn’t even have a message for the defenders. I mean he had just come on for Coleman.
Normally when a sub comes on he starts barking orders from the Manager. There was nothing.
A disorganised rabble
The worry for me though is lack of motivation, that’s down to the Manager.
He gave a written message to Delph, who then tore it up and created even more litter on the pitch - to go with the rubbish that was already running around out there.

There is no pace, no guile, no threat in our play. We don't look like scoring ever but look like conceding always.

I can't help but feel the players have no confidence in what they are trying to do.Everything is just moving out to the full backs and back in midfield but nothing forward. It is hard to know where to start there was so much wrong today.

I thought the manager got his substitutions wrong, I thought Schneiderlin was doing a decent job as the defensive midfielder and I thought Coleman was providing most of the attacking threat.
Delph ran around but did nothing really, Sigurdsson would have contributed more if he had stayed away from the ground altogether.

I feel sorry for players like Digne and Coleman our play is so predictable that we are too easily closed off.
I think Bernard should be playing where Sigurdsson is supposed to be playing or Iwobi to bring either craft or pace to the position at the moment we have neither.
I think Keane isn't ready to start yet but did show glimpses and I thought he was more effective out wide.

In any sport it is hard to mark pace, we do have pace in the team but they don't get to show it because our tempo is so slow.

Just back from the game (had to stop off at the in - laws for a meal) what can I say...…...no passion, no fight, no energy, no movement, no clue. Sheff Utd were comfortable all game.

By the way, embarrassed for Iwobi, rolling around on the ground like the proverbial being shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.