Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope he plays the strongest team we have, TBF he didnt mess with rubbish changes last time, so.im confident he wont this time.
Biggest game of the season coming up on Tuesday

charlie nicholas has broke his record lol,hes had us to lose 2-1 in 3 games,and the other 2 to be 1-1
I have 2-1 for us with sheff Utd scoring late as they have done there last 2 away
Some of his predictions get more bizzare by the week on other games

He now has us to win 1-0

Richarlison is guaranteed a dozen or so a season. I would break it down and play Kean, Richarlison, Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin all together. That is a decent front four in terms of pace, movement and creative ability. Everton's defence has started the season OK but has been average since. It doesn't fit right, but this is probably a game where the crowd could get on their back. It is about easing that feeling and helping the manager out.

When we mention top-six threats, we do not mention Everton, we say Leicester and Wolves. They will just have enough to stumble over the line here. Sheffield United are still trying to adjust to the right system that suits them. I do not see a lot of goals for them. I expect Everton to snatch a winner later on.

Yes. We say wolves who have been leaking 3 goals a game on average.

Difficult game this. They're a tidy side and better defensively than the other two sides that have come up. You dont go to Stamford bridge as a new team and fight to win a point when being 2 down at half time.

Treat this like an "easy" game and we'll lose.

Listened to a Jags interview on our start with the obvious connections. He basically said he believes the consistency will only come when the new signings settle down not had a settled 13/14 to pick from in a long time.

But surely it’s not going to settle down with the Brands overhaul

... for what its worth, Google has us down with a 58% chance of a win

For what it's worth wilder is proving to be a good prem manager early on.

He's managed to get teams promoted from each lower league so has certainly done his managerial apprenticeship.

He does like to play football, not just a hoof ball merchant.

Be interesting to see if he keeps this sheff united team up, who were one of the faves to go right back down.

Will be a tricky game for us but we defo have the players to stretch them out and bear them.. Its just whether or not our manager comes up with the right players for the plan he's made.

That's if he's made a plan like..

Status
Not open for further replies.