Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should clarify my previous contribution in this thread about Europe. Apologies for any unintended confusion.

The Europa Conference League is a new standalone competition separate to the Europa League. The LC winners qualify for a play off tie to qualify for the group stages of the conference league, and the ultimate winner of the new competition qualifies for the following seasons Europa League.

I guess it's somewhat analagous to the old cup winners cup except for the LC rather than FA cup winners. That makes it somewhat better but wouldn't be much hope of any glamour ties. Not sure what the prize money would be.

I would agree though that any silverware is great. For tomorrow's tie we should be expecting to progress with a much changed side, if that's above us then we are not going to have much hope of progression anyway.

I'm torn on the team selection for this.

On one hand, you want to keep the same team as Spurs in order to keep that momentum and feel-good feeling in that particular 11. Plus I'd like to think we'd batter Salford if we played anything like Sunday.

On the other hand, you don't want to risk any potential upset with the likes of Allan and Rodriguez in the side. It gives a good opportunity to the likes of Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies and dare I say it, Bolasie *shudders*, to prove that they're good enough to be an option at the club. I guess it comes down to how much Ancelotti trusts those players to get the job done, by riding off the momentum that the others have provided.

It'll be an interesting one...

I'm torn on the team selection for this.

On one hand, you want to keep the same team as Spurs in order to keep that momentum and feel-good feeling in that particular 11. Plus I'd like to think we'd batter Salford if we played anything like Sunday.

On the other hand, you don't want to risk any potential upset with the likes of Allan and Rodriguez in the side. It gives a good opportunity to the likes of Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies and dare I say it, Bolasie *shudders*, to prove that they're good enough to be an option at the club. I guess it comes down to how much Ancelotti trusts those players to get the job done, by riding off the momentum that the others have provided.

It'll be an interesting one...
No injuries and a win please

But we also want to get momentum going and get the players into some form and fitness.

The best way to do that at the minute is by playing them.

There'd be mutiny on here if we make 7/8 changes and lose 2-1 at home to Salford.

We need to win a trophy and get a good roll going. Really don't see the need for wholesale changes.

true, but our 2nd team with our best players on the bench should be able to win this one.

My 11 for tomorrow

Pickford
Kenny, Keane, Mina, Nkounkou
Allan Doucoure
Gomes
Bolasie, Kean, Richarlison

Get goals quickly then get the likes of Richarlison off.
If it's going well and looks fairly civil give Rodriguez some game time maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.