Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is Pickford (unless Lossl exists, I can't tell), Kenny, Keane, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Allan, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Gordon, Kean, Walcott

James and Richarlison are available if we get in trouble.

I cant see Gomes starting. Fotness wise, not sure how he would cope. I think Davies will be in there.

In theory, but Siggy, Delph & Walcott in the same team is just depressing, and we can't afford any more 19/20 performances. Why not just have two out of Gomes, Doucoure, Allan, Gordon and Bolasie in the starting Xi (Including Bolasie because he wants to play well and show off for whatever reason - big incentive, and the others need time for other reasons too. We need to have our new midfield not the old pedestrian one.
You want to risk Docoure , Allan Gomes getting an injury playing against a hyped up glorified pub team

Amazing how many Everton fans on here want to “rest” players after one game or mess around in this cup

let me remind you
The 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds are all done in september
We then have a full October November and half of December where we play league games every seven days with no cups or Europe
The players will be well rested and refreshed
we have been embarrassed numerous times in the cups, playing weakened teams.

do you guys saying make 11 changes actually believe we can win the premier league. I want us to win everything and that comes from playing your best team in the cups.
when we get knocked out in September and everyone is crying I’ll remind all them who wanted wholesale changes that there’s no excitement until the FA cup in January

the format this year gives us a chance, loads of games for a month then nothing for 2.5 months. Look at the round dates!!

I’m a bit torn on this one. On one hand I don’t want us to mess around, I want us to win something this season. But on the other hand we do have to protect our new signings from an ugly game. I think the right thing to do is probably to rest 5/6 players. We need to be able to use our squad in these situations.

Time for the likes of Kean, Sigurdsson, Walcott etc. to stake their claim.

3-1 win to Everton!

I'd rest Rodriguez just because you know one of their lumps in defence will target him as a chance to make a name for himself. Other than that though Play the strongest team we can, get the game won and then make changes

Amazing how many Everton fans on here want to “rest” players after one game or mess around in this cup

let me remind you
The 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds are all done in september
We then have a full October November and half of December where we play league games every seven days with no cups or Europe
The players will be well rested and refreshed
we have been embarrassed numerous times in the cups, playing weakened teams.

do you guys saying make 11 changes actually believe we can win the premier league. I want us to win everything and that comes from playing your best team in the cups.
when we get knocked out in September and everyone is crying I’ll remind all them who wanted wholesale changes that there’s no excitement until the FA cup in January

the format this year gives us a chance, loads of games for a month then nothing for 2.5 months. Look at the round dates!!

Do I believe we can win the league? Nope
Do I believe we need to start our stars against league 2 hackers? Nope. It's the 2nd game of the season, the likes of Davies , Walcott, Bernard and Kean need minutes under their belt as we will inevitably need to use them in this congested season

Status
Not open for further replies.