Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LC winners, if not already in Europe by other means, go into a league format pre qualifying tournament called a conference, for the Europa League proper. That means a messy pre season.

Not saying I would turn up my nose at winning the League Cup, but yet again the authorities seem determined to ensure its as difficult as possible for clubs outside the elite to mount a top 4 challenge the following year.

It's a big disincentive to winning it, you should be able to win something without being burdened with the thankless task of competing in such a hopeless mishmash of a poor man's Europa competition of losers.

It would mess up the following year big time, seriously inhibit making progrees to qualifying for 'proper' European competitions and massively negatively effect our league campaign.

On the whole with this attached the negatives to winning the league cup almost outweigh any positives, the administrators have given us a lesson on how to ruin a perfectly good domestic competition.

Why do EUFA keep ruining things? I thought with Mr Corruption Platini gone, things might improve.

I really wouldn't like to see a massive team change for a couple of reasons:

1) We need to have momentum and more understanding between first XI players, and even if you score, assist or have a clean sheet against a lower league team, it's still good for confidence.
2) Some of the players need more individual performances to establish themselves, so I would still like to see Mina, Doucoure, Allan and DCL play from the first XI. If DCL and Kean score against Salford it still counts for their confidence.

Kenny Branthwaite Mina Nkounkou
Allan
Gordon Doucoure Davies
Kean DCL

Simms, Gibson, Beni given time off the bench, plus Richarlison, James, Coleman, Keane on the bench for experience.

Utilise the squad
Pickford
Kenny
Braithwaite
Keane
New french left back
Davies
Delph
Bernard
Siggy
Walcott
Keane

subs
Virginia
Gibson
Mina
Bolasie
Besic
Gordon
Sandro

I'm not sure how many of our 'new stars' need game time together but surely we dont need to risk injuries against League 2 cloggers with West Brom at the weekend. I think Kenny is a good call for Coleman and Nkounkou for Digne. I'd leave the two CB's there until the game is safe. Midfield - you cant wholesale replace everyone and not expect a 'last season' performance. I think there is space for Davies and Iwobi, perhaps Bernard. DCL ran a lot on Sunday so Kean might be a good shout. Don't risk Richarlison or James though. Delph - please god never again in a blue shirt. SO I end up with
Pickford
JJK, Mina, Keane, Nkounkou
Davies, Allan, Siggy
Walcott, Kean, Bernard

Thats what I think about the midfield too. Need Two out of Gomes, Doucoure & Allan to play with Davies I think, with beni some time off the bench. Whoever is the 4th & 5th choice midfielders should play but not Siggy , and I guess not Besic.

Why not Bolasie and Walcott as wide attackers with Kean / DCL up front. It's goodforconfidence if Kean or DCL score

Pickford .........Englands No 1
JJK.................Just back from a full season in the Bundesliga
Keane .............Full England international
Braithwaite.............young prospect ,couple of PL games under his belt
Nkounkou...................Promising French youth international
Walcott..........................England international
Siggurdson....................I celandic captain and over 200 pl games
Fabian Delph ........... England international and Pl winner
Tom Davies...................... over 100 PL appearances
Bernard ............ Brazilian international
Moise Kean ..........................Former Juventus player and full Italian international

You telling me that that side cannot beat Paddy the plasterer,Peter the plumber,Postman Pat and a drying out nearly 33yr old Darren Gibson

If you want Play Delph LB and Gordon in midfield

Bench :Lossi,Gibson ,Besic ,Bolasie ,Simms , Gordon /Nkounkou,,Sandro ,

In theory, but Siggy, Delph & Walcott in the same team is just depressing, and we can't afford any more 19/20 performances. Why not just have two out of Gomes, Doucoure, Allan, Gordon and Bolasie in the starting Xi (Including Bolasie because he wants to play well and show off for whatever reason - big incentive, and the others need time for other reasons too. We need to have our new midfield not the old pedestrian one.

If players like Kean/Gordon/Iwobi/Davies can't do a job against Salford then questions need to be asked, Some players mostly the new signings because we don't know how much training or match fitness they've got, Doucoure said he's only trained 3 times since the Spurs match, I don't think we need to go full B team mode but we can certainly rest a couple if needed.

Even against this pub side I’ve no faith in a midfield of Davies and siggyfraud, leave one of doucoure or Allen in to make sure

HilArious seeing people label Salford a pub side, forgetting they’re still professional football club players and we are still Everton who have been embarrassed many a times when playing weakened teams.

the players still need fitness. Make a couple ofchange and use subs when the game is safe. These lot may not be world class but they’ll still make a game of it.

none of this changing the whole 11nonsense. People suggesting Davies I hope are suggesting he starts for Salford. Over 100 pl appearances means nothing when you’ve had about 5 decent games in that 100.

Start a relatively strong team. Get the job done and safe and then give players who need the minutes time before bringing them off.

winning breeds confidence. An emphatic win with a good amount of starters playing will be good for WBA

Play our c**p, it's Salford ffs.
We are surely not that bad without the new guys. Besides Siggy and Co will want to prove they are still worthy of a place in the squad.

A lot of mixed opinions with regards to how many starters to play. Maybe play like 4/5 who started against spurs just to be sure because we all know how special Everton are in these games
My guess is Pickford (unless Lossl exists, I can't tell), Kenny, Keane, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Allan, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Gordon, Kean, Walcott

James and Richarlison are available if we get in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.