Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a condensed PL season with games coming thick and fast so Rodriguez does not need to be playing Salford City FC.

But we also want to get momentum going and get the players into some form and fitness.

The best way to do that at the minute is by playing them.

There'd be mutiny on here if we make 7/8 changes and lose 2-1 at home to Salford.

We need to win a trophy and get a good roll going. Really don't see the need for wholesale changes.

Don't agree with the 2 young left-sided centre backs, I would play Keane alongside for experience. Ancelotti says we have no set formation, he is happy to change mid-game, so don't see the 4-3-3 as essential. This is about match fitness, so we need lots of changes.
Lossl / Virginia
Kenny
Keane
Gibson
Nkounkou
Walcott
Davies
Gordon
Bernard
Sigurdsson
Kean

Subs:
Lossl /Virginia
Calvert-lewin
Simms
Mina
Doucoure
Bowler
Allan

If we are winning easily, bring on Simms or Bowler, if we need to shore it up, bring on Allan / Doucoure

Not given a squad number and not training with the first team.

would love to see a front 3 of Richarlison, DCL and Keane. 3 new guys in midfield and change things up a bit at half time when we are cruising

Excited for this, between this and WBA at home on the weekend we can really get a good feeling going.

Not too many changes for me:
  • Start Richarlison and hopefully get him off the mark
  • Give Kenny a run out to see if he can displace Coleman
  • Rest James, put in Gordon or Bernard
  • Kean for DCL

There are all sorts of split opinions on here over what sort of team we should play for this one. Opinion on here was also split on whether or not to play all the new signings against Spurs.
Thankfully our manager will make the decisions. So why waste time and energy trying to second guess?

Did I mention Carlo Ancelotti is the manager of Everton? (still can't get used to saying that)
I trust him with all his experience to make the correct decisions.

There are all sorts of split opinions on here over what sort of team we should play for this one. Opinion on here was also split on whether or not to play all the new signings against Spurs.
Thankfully our manager will make the decisions. So why waste time and energy trying to second guess?

Did I mention Carlo Ancelotti is the manager of Everton? (still can't get used to saying that)

Why bother having a forum if thats the case mate if there is no point having an opinion.

Close it down and stop discussing.

I reckon we'd have pretty much had a full house for this on the back of yesterday:rolleyes:, that's the only negative thought in my head at the moment,but remember I am a Blue with years of conditioning surrounding negativitylollollol

My only issue in playing the front line eleven is the possibility of injury. This is the sort of nothing game where you could lose a vital player to an injury. I know we can’t wrap them up in cotton wool but we don’t need to take unnecessary chances.
play Lossi, JJK, Gordon, Siggy, Holgate (if fit), Kean, Bernard andNkounkou.

View attachment 101182

First meeting between Everton and another club, which we don’t say too often.

Writing this shortly after a solid start to the season, I hope we go all out simply to get a trophy to kickstart something good.

As a result I’d go full strength. While we have home advantage does that really mean anything with no fans present?

Anyway, up the toffees.

View attachment 101181
Salford plus 3 more games to the break - as far as possible play the same starting 11 and let them get playing minutes into their legs...and half a dozen 'diplomatic sick notes' wouldn't go amiss either.

‘Why waste time and energy‘ discussing football related matters is an odd question to ask on a forum set up to discuss football related matters

Pickford

Kenny Gibson Braithwaite Nkounkou

Delph Gylfi
Gordon

Walcott Kean Bernard

Dont risk the new lads over a midweek game against some plumbers.

That kind of team is more than good enough to get the win at home.

Defo this.

I know everyone is excited to see the new lads, but we can't risk them against a gang of yard dogs that our second XI should still batter.

I will admit to being desperate for Kean to rattle in a hat-trick, too. Rooting for the lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.