Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d play Keane and Branthwaite at the back with Niels.
Not sure about JJK as it might cup tie him if we are wanting to sell, but team wise I’d put him in
I’d keep DCL in also, maybe alongside Kean as a front 2 in a 442.
Midfield is a risk, certainly rest James and Richy, maybe Allan also to avoid a guaranteed booking by a lower league ref.

Pickford
Kenny Keane GIbson Nkounkou
Allan Doucoure
Siggurdsson
Walcott Kean Bernard
Something like that I'd like to see, rest a couple like mina and gomes who were only just fit for spurs, keep that midfield working together, don't risk being overrun, get the job done by 60 mins and take off the middle two.

Don't agree with the 2 young left-sided centre backs, I would play Keane alongside for experience. Ancelotti says we have no set formation, he is happy to change mid-game, so don't see the 4-3-3 as essential. This is about match fitness, so we need lots of changes.
Lossl / Virginia
Kenny
Keane
Gibson
Nkounkou
Walcott
Davies
Gordon
Bernard
Sigurdsson
Kean

Subs:
Lossl /Virginia
Calvert-lewin
Simms
Mina
Doucoure
Bowler
Allan

If we are winning easily, bring on Simms or Bowler, if we need to shore it up, bring on Allan / Doucoure

Don't agree with the 2 young left-sided centre backs, I would play Keane alongside for experience. Ancelotti says we have no set formation, he is happy to change mid-game, so don't see the 4-3-3 as essential. This is about match fitness, so we need lots of changes.
Lossl / Virginia
Kenny
Keane
Gibson
Nkounkou
Walcott
Davies
Gordon
Bernard
Sigurdsson
Kean

Subs:
Lossl /Virginia
Calvert-lewin
Simms
Mina
Doucoure
Bowler
Allan

If we are winning easily, bring on Simms or Bowler, if we need to shore it up, bring on Allan / Doucoure

It's hard though because with Holgate out for months and no transfer seemingly incoming we really need to protect Keane and Mina.

Probably one of the hardest starting 11's to pick, no player should really be rested this early in the season but the last thing we want to do is pick up injuries to important players.
It doesn't matter how poor the opposition is, this is a must win game and must be taken seriously as must getting minutes to those who had no pre-season. I trust Ancelotti to find that right balance.

Pick the majority of the team that started yesterday.

Branthwaite or Gibson in for Mina or Keane. Kenny in for Coleman.

Keep two of Allan, Gomes and Doucoure in.

Maybe Kean instead of Rich or Dom.

The players need minutes and we need to build momentum.

Pick the majority of the team that started yesterday.

Branthwaite or Gibson in for Mina or Keane. Kenny in for Coleman.

Keep two of Allan, Gomes and Doucoure in.

Maybe Kean instead of Rich or Dom.

The players need minutes and we need to build momentum.

This is a condensed PL season with games coming thick and fast so Rodriguez does not need to be playing Salford City FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.