Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play Tosun for two reasons: Silva needs to decide if he is the future and to make that decision
Tosun needs games and secondly Tosun plays in his position and does not wander off. Front three;
Richarlison, Tosun, Bernard.

Lookman to come on at 60 minutes.

Players are capable of playing twice a week, of course, but tired players cannot compete on equal terms with players who have had a longer rest. This gives the clubs with large squads an advantage. However, these clubs often have even more matches, in Europe competitions and domestic cups.

We do need a win tonight to lift us after the weekend. Newcastle may have lost on Saturday, but they have had an extra day to recover. With enforced changes for Walcott and Gana tonight, perhaps Monday would be a better time to give someone like Keane a rest in this busy run. As Bernard, Gomes and Mina have not played as many games, they are not yet in need of a rest.

But players cannot be expected to contribute fully to every game in December and over the New Year. Fans can take game one at a time - we want to see the strongest team play every game. Silva, however, must plan a little further ahead.

Have to avoid a West Ham-esque performance, which a lot of people predicted would be an easy win for us.

Hopefully they will fold if we score first.

to be fair west ham always had the forward line to hurt teams they just never clicked ( until of course they met us )

just don't see where Newcastle can hurt us that much from ( they'll batter us now wont they )

An early goal would be a real boost, it isn't something we have had the luxury of.

I'll take any win but one with a comfortable margin would be nice after Sunday.

I always like to see a debut goal also and we have lots of contenders for it.

A clean sheet is a must and a solid performance from Pickford.

2-0.

Walcott has had more than enough chances and has only shown why Arsenal decided to get rid. He has been a major disappointment and doesn't even show the odd flash of good play. He is a liability and needs benching for a few weeks.

Muller them 1st half then make changes to see the game out and prepare for Watford. I'd go front 3 of Bernard, Richarlison, Lookman with hopefully resting the Brazilians come 60 minutes with Tosun and DCL.

I remember when we played these at home last season there was plenty of banter going on between the Geordies and Pickford during the game.

Given he's ex-Sunderland I've no doubt a few chants await him tonight from their fans reminding him of his blunder on Sunday plus huge cheers from them whenever he catches the ball.

Last edited:
If we can score in the first 20 minutes I reckon it will deflate them big time. That said, they were on an ok run before that, and West Ham can tonk anyone on their day, they beat us comfortably enough at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.