Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorts out the wheat from the chaff, hence the rs being knocked down to the also rans, as they only have about 13 first team players, and cannot risk resting Mane at the moment.

Pretty sure Mane isn't gonna be fit for tonight and, not to make this about them, but let's be honest they do have a good squad.

So do we, finally, although now is the time that the squad players need to prove just that!

Pretty sure Mane isn't gonna be fit for tonight and, not to make this about them, but let's be honest they do have a good squad.

So do we, finally, although now is the time that the squad players need to prove just that!
I was being honest. They only have 2 decent full backs, their midfield is severely lacking in creativity, Salah and Firmino are both having off seasons, Sturridge is finished, Origi is worse than Niasse, despite that goal on Sunday, and Solanke has disappeared as they've realised he's a poor man's DCL.

Anyway like you say it's not about them, but we need to pick our battles, and tonight is a must win for us.

...prolific scorers are common at schoolboy level but that tends to level out. As lads get older, keepers and defenders become better which makes Simms’ numbers very impressive. Be really interesting if he’s been as prolific as a schoolboy or whether his ascendency is against the normal transition.
Sorry Eggs, but I'd prefer McCarthy to start if Gueye is injured.
Can't see the defence changing at all, mate. There's really no need for it. We've conceded one goal in three games and that was the flukiest one we'll ever let in (touch wood). If Zouma does come in it's not necessarily a bad thing, I just don't think we need it just yet. We've got a decent turnaround of 4 days (well 5, really) before the next game.

Not sure if Gueye and Walcott are both injured or not, did it get mentioned?

I think Lookman will start regardless and the other question is then if Bernard plays left with Richarlison central, or Richarlison left with one of DCL/Tosun up top.

If Gueye is injured, don't risk and play McCarthy/Davies.

So, two changes, maybe three, would be my reckoning.

..I keep forgetting about McCarthy, it’s a good shout if Gueye is out with injury.

Can't see the defence changing at all, mate. There's really no need for it. We've conceded one goal in three games and that was the flukiest one we'll ever let in (touch wood). If Zouma does come in it's not necessarily a bad thing, I just don't think we need it just yet. We've got a decent turnaround of 4 days (well 5, really) before the next game.

Not sure if Gueye and Walcott are both injured or not, did it get mentioned?

I think Lookman will start regardless and the other question is then if Bernard plays left with Richarlison central, or Richarlison left with one of DCL/Tosun up top.

If Gueye is injured, don't risk and play McCarthy/Davies.

So, two changes, maybe three, would be my reckoning.

Agree. Defence is one area we don’t need to be tinkering with. Maybe have JJK on the bench in case we’re lucky enough to be able to rest Seamus for 20-30 mins but the rest are young and fit enough to get through.

I’d have Jimmy Mac in if Gana is injured, and I’d defo have Richarlison left and DCL up top. DCL is enough of a nuisance to keep their CBs busy while Richy and Lookman (?) sneak in between CB and full back to receive Filthy Andre’s perfect balls.

..I keep forgetting about McCarthy, it’s a good shout if Gueye is out with injury.

I think he's genuine the closest we've got to a like-for-like other than Baingime (who as promising as he was at points last season still has plenty of time). McCarthy could come in and at least play in a similar harrying role to Gana, but obviously he isn't as good.

Or, you have Davies who can similarly bring that energy, as well as a bit more forward play, which may be useful against a side that will sit deep.

If Gana is out I'd like to see Beni given a run next to Gomes. Fits the Gana role better than any other CM we have available, McCarthy included.

Benningime did nothing other than run around a bit in a disorganised and shambolic Unsworth side. He's also been injured and hardly kicked a ball this season. He's behind Davies, Mccarthy and Schneiderlein in the pecking order and frankly should be nowhere near the team.

Benningime did nothing other than run around a bit in a disorganised and shambolic Unsworth side. He's also been injured and hardly kicked a ball this season. He's behind Davies, Mccarthy and Schneiderlein in the pecking order and frankly should be nowhere near the team.

but everyone else was terrific?, for a kid playing in that mess he was one of the better players

They're improving are Newcastle. An early goal would be nice. I still think we should have enough to beat them comfortably

Status
Not open for further replies.