Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they were needed two weeks ago.

Everyone, including those at the club knows that but here’s the hot take, the players we may want may not be available, or we could have been negotiating with clubs but because it’s not in the media every second of the day people think the club aren’t doing anything or are accepting the squad we have

To be honest mate I’d rather watch anyone every week to us. The mediocrity has got to me for a long time, but this tonight was just the straw that broke the camel’s back as far as I’m concerned. I just don’t see anything positive coming out of the club in footballing terms whatsoever ( EITC is fantastic)

LOL you can’t find CA positive? - take up golf

To be honest mate I’d rather watch anyone every week to us. The mediocrity has got to me for a long time, but this tonight was just the straw that broke the camel’s back as far as I’m concerned. I just don’t see anything positive coming out of the club in footballing terms whatsoever ( EITC is fantastic)

I know what you mean mate. It was utterly ridiculous. Think the break will do us all good!

..... maybe we finish in bottom 3 instead of top 6

The way I see it is if that result today is the smoking gun that sets off a chain reaction that sees this squad completely turn things around in the final third of the season and as a result we finish in the top 6 then it might not be so bad

If not then Carlo has a lot of work to do in the summer

It's nonsense mate it really is.

I've been busy in the last week or so but what Brands said at the AGM last week about not getting a new CB in the summer but it didn't matter because we had Holgate peeved me.

It's a total accident - a lucky one - that Holgate has come on the way he has. No planning, just luck, yet he tried to brush it off as planned. Really got me. It reminded me of Walsh's stupid comment about Lukaku's goals a few years back.

He deserves any crap that comes his way because ideally Holgate would be cm now because he's better than all the other useless crap we have. But he needs to play cb to cover the 60m worth of crap we have there.

I'm not arsed if it's January, I'm not arsed about struggling to get rid of players, I'm bit arsed about FFP, they all get paid to take care of that crap AND IN THE MEANTIME FIND AND PURCHASE PLAYERS. he's absolutely culpable for us bring on Niasse like it's some kind of fkin joke.

He ain't doing his job and if he is well he's fkin crap at it.

Sick of it.

I'm not blaming the fans.

I'm saying as a fanbase we have an issue with being one extreme to the other (I'm guilty of it as well) at times.

It's like now - people thinking that because some are questioning Ancelotti's subs it means they are defending the players, or vice versa.
Sorry mate - I read it a bit wrong, didn’t mean to come across so narky. Yeah I do agree that is a fair point.

I just think this was a bit of a watershed moment for me in regards to just feel the club have no positivity about them at all (apart from EITC) and just aren’t the club I’ve supported all my life anymore. Last time I liked us was literally Martinez’s first season and I’ve just been getting more and more resentful of the club as time goes on

Far more positives than negatives.

First 75 was the best football we've played in a long time and hopefully that standard becomes the norm. We've good times ahead.

The endgame was painful but time will soften the blow. I'm sure that in a few months we'll be recalling that extra time with a wry headshake and a bittersweet smile, like that time Granny shat herself at Christmas the year before she died.

Keane scored. DCL gets better every week and is now showing a touch of the bastardo, a new found attitude which should be encouraged by his family, mates and girlfriends. YOU DESERVE TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL DOM. YOU BELONG HERE.

We have a manager who knows where he's going, knows the players he needs and has the financial backing to get them. The deadwood shouldn't concern us, they'll be gone soon enough, athough Schneiderlin played well.

Chins up lads. Goodison Park still looks magic and Spring's nearly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.