Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is if that result today is the smoking gun that sets off a chain reaction that sees this squad completely turn things around in the final third of the season and as a result we finish in the top 6 then it might not be so bad

If not then Carlo has a lot of work to do in the summer
Don’t do it to yourself mate...

Bernard and Digne ended up with assists so on the surface it seems like they did their part. I completely disagree. The amount of space they found in the first 70 minutes should have been exploited to far greater effect, and their inability to do so is why Newcastle even had a prayer at the end. Kean and DCL took the two real chances presented to them but the amount of balls played aimlessly into bad areas or easily cut out by defenders was shameful.

We basically created 4 big chances: the goals, Bernard's miss and Mina's missed header. The two misses were created by Walcott who had a far harder time finding the amount of space that Bernard and Digne found. We can't keep having them do this. All the ability in the world means nothing if you piss it away every time you find good space in the final third.

OK instead of repeating yourself are you going to offer any reasoning for bringing Niasse on and keeping 2 up top or just going to carry on being pedantic?

Because he wanted a sub, who Ever he brought on it was still those players going into meltdown
[/QUOTE]
No reasoning whatsoever then haha.

It was very reminiscent of Martinez bringing in Niasse whilst 2-0 up at home against West Ham.

A recurring theme in recent seasons, but please just get us to 45 points ASAP so we can all concentrate on something else.

I mean, if this season wasn't quite a write-off before tonight then it sure is now.

Limp across the line in April. After that? Christ knows. You can bet your bottom dollar that there'll just be more of the same Everton next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.