Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My summary of that half.......
tenor.gif

Just got out of bed. Has the game been worth watching? If I had to hazard a guess, i’d speculate the answer to that is a resounding NO

45 minutes not one shot on target - Rooney/Bollassie woefull, and tell me why when we get a free kick in a good position Rooney holds Baines hand and is not in the box to score it's obvious Baines is taking the free kick?...?....

Ha ha. Ya typical everton. Lets confuse the opposition with 2 standing over the ball 60 yards out.

With nothing riding on this game, give Davies & Beni a run out. Couldn't do any worse than what I've just seen, and may even inject some positivity into our game. At least those two youngsters look up and look forward, and look to get us up the pitch and at the opponent's defence.

Turgid...

Very good first half, just lacking the final ball.

- we’ve seen a lot more of the ball than usual, mainly due to our attitude without it; rather than dropping off as we’ve been accustomed to under Sam, we’re playing on the front foot and going to win it back earlier

- Schneiderlin has had an excellent game. Would be interested to see how many interceptions he made in that half

- Bolasie has been poor. Every time we attack, the ball reaches him and the move breaks down

- We’ve looked untroubled at the back

- Tosun’s link up play has been good

Just need to find that bit of extra quality in the final third and take one of these chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.