Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as much entitled to his opinion as you are. If that's the way he saw the match so what?

I said we had one shot on target in the game, that isn't an opinion, that is a fact. He also said you can't blame him for passes going astray, he doesn't pass the ball. He seems to have re-invented football management, if you follow his logic then he can't be blamed when the team gets beaten, he isn't playing.
He does like to take the credit when the team wins even though he isn't playing.

What was your opinion of the game, did you feel we dominated Newcastle ?

I said we had one shot on target in the game, that isn't an opinion, that is a fact. He also said you can't blame him for passes going astray, he doesn't pass the ball. He seems to have re-invented football management, if you follow his logic then he can't be blamed when the team gets beaten, he isn't playing.
He does like to take the credit when the team wins even though he isn't playing.

What was your opinion of the game, did you feel we dominated Newcastle ?
I thought we created the better chances, even if we didn't capitalise on them. Newcastle had a couple of opportunities but our defence handled them alright. And Pickford didn't have any saves to make, the Newcastle keeper did, but he didn't save it.

In my opinion your opinion of the performance is clouded by your hatred of Allerdyce. If the manager had been Martinez and he had described it as "phenomenal" you probably wouldn't even have commented on it. But, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion although can you give an example of another Premier league manager being criticised for his team winning and taking credit for it? Klippety does it all the time, although when things go wrong he blames everything under the sun except himself.

I thought we created the better chances, even if we didn't capitalise on them. Newcastle had a couple of opportunities but our defence handled them alright. And Pickford didn't have any saves to make, the Newcastle keeper did, but he didn't save it.

In my opinion your opinion of the performance is clouded by your hatred of Allerdyce. If the manager had been Martinez and he had described it as "phenomenal" you probably wouldn't even have commented on it. But, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion although can you give an example of another Premier league manager being criticised for his team winning and taking credit for it? Klippety does it all the time, although when things go wrong he blames everything under the sun except himself.

Firstly I don't hate anyone, not in football or life in general, but you make a good point, my judgment is most likely coloured by my dislike of Allerdyce.

However my point was not on how Everton played against Newcastle but his description of it being domination. When I asked your opinion I note you didn't mention "dominate". I feel your account of the game is actuate except for the omission of Coleman's save towards the end to secure the win.

You lost me a bit when you introduced Martinez into the argument, I never mentioned him. However since you have I will clarify my position on him, I was a big supporter of his in the beginning, I thought he was going to be the dynamic young manager who would bring the glory days back, but I realised he was more bluster than substance and I was critical of the "phenomenon" speak. However, if I may be so bold as to offer you some advice, when you are arguing in support of someone don't introduce comparisons into the argument which so your man up in a bad light.

Fat Sam = one international and then attempts to line his own pockets. Martinez going to the World Cup Finals with a chance to win it. Klopp just about qualified for Euporean Cup final and third in league, Fat Sam = we aren't regulated.

I am sure, like myself, you want success at Everton and your supports or the manager is admirable but I believe that we won't win anything under Fat Sam, he has not been the most productive trophy hunter to date, I think Everton demand more than "not being regulated" I believe that we deserve more than one shot per game but this is what we get from Fat Sam. Again I don't hate him but I look forward to the day we part company.

C
Firstly I don't hate anyone, not in football or life in general, but you make a good point, my judgment is most likely coloured by my dislike of Allerdyce.

However my point was not on how Everton played against Newcastle but his description of it being domination. When I asked your opinion I note you didn't mention "dominate". I feel your account of the game is actuate except for the omission of Coleman's save towards the end to secure the win.

You lost me a bit when you introduced Martinez into the argument, I never mentioned him. However since you have I will clarify my position on him, I was a big supporter of his in the beginning, I thought he was going to be the dynamic young manager who would bring the glory days back, but I realised he was more bluster than substance and I was critical of the "phenomenon" speak. However, if I may be so bold as to offer you some advice, when you are arguing in support of someone don't introduce comparisons into the argument which so your man up in a bad light.

Fat Sam = one international and then attempts to line his own pockets. Martinez going to the World Cup Finals with a chance to win it. Klopp just about qualified for Euporean Cup final and third in league, Fat Sam = we aren't regulated.

I am sure, like myself, you want success at Everton and your supports or the manager is admirable but I believe that we won't win anything under Fat Sam, he has not been the most productive trophy hunter to date, I think Everton demand more than "not being regulated" I believe that we deserve more than one shot per game but this is what we get from Fat Sam. Again I don't hate him but I look forward to the day we part company.
Contrary to what you seem to think, I'm not posting "in support" of Allerdyce, but I do find the constant carping and criticism of him on here to be very tedious and not very helpful.
You metion Seamus's "save" towards the end of the game, well isn't that a defender's job - to put himself in the way of the ball to stop a goal? I'm prepared to wait until the club decide which direction they are going to take. If they decide to keep Allerdyce until the end of his contract I can't say I would be best pleased but we are where we are I'm afraid. In the meantime I live in hope that things will improve significantly.

C

Contrary to what you seem to think, I'm not posting "in support" of Allerdyce, but I do find the constant carping and criticism of him on here to be very tedious and not very helpful.
You metion Seamus's "save" towards the end of the game, well isn't that a defender's job - to put himself in the way of the ball to stop a goal? I'm prepared to wait until the club decide which direction they are going to take. If they decide to keep Allerdyce until the end of his contract I can't say I would be best pleased but we are where we are I'm afraid. In the meantime I live in hope that things will improve significantly.

We are on the same side, I just like a wee moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.