Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez wasn't on NBC.

We looked like a bang average team playing a slightly worse bang average team. We did very little in the final third. The goal was a decent finish but came with a bit of fortune.

Mostly a very dull affair. Keane had a decent game but easily could have gotten a second yellow. Morgan wasn't gash...in fact he was decent but got hurt. Walcott was far more involved than he's been in about a month. Bolasie was terrible. Wayne probably doesn't have to legs to even be in MLS. Pickford wound up the Geordies which was fun...he didn't have anything else to do really.

Pretty crap game all around.
Sounds par for this year! Appreciate the summary, just need the season to end

Our one on target resulted in the winning goal. Their 6 corners resulted in nothing. Their 2 shots on target resulted in Pickford having to save erm, no I don't actually remember him having to save anything. Final score Everton 1 Newcastle 0. So if anyone is delusional it's you pal. Hate the man all you like but do try to talk sense.

He said, in the post match interview, we dominated the game. We didn't, that is pure fabrication. We won the game 1-0 and scored with our only shot on target.
That to me isn't dominating anyone. We won the game and for that I am very happy but we don't need to be lied to.

Despite how dreadful this season has been, Sam still has us a few places higher than Roberto could manage in his final two seasons. He should be ashamed.
Hmm...i sort of get where your coming from but in his monday night football he spoke about what our fans are desperate for and he nailed it...we want silverware, we want an identity and he mentioned the school of science. I think I miss him more than ill miss the last 3....he got us completely...he messed up with some of his signings true... but he at least tried to change...and in his first season had us playing with freedom..he was our Klippity but we didnt then have millions to support his ethos. He came 2 years too early imo. Ah well....

We've beaten Newcastle 8 out the last 9 matches. It's just like us playing West Ham, we don't need to any good to get results against some teams.

He said, in the post match interview, we dominated the game. We didn't, that is pure fabrication. We won the game 1-0 and scored with our only shot on target.
That to me isn't dominating anyone. We won the game and for that I am very happy but we don't need to be lied to.
He's as much entitled to his opinion as you are. If that's the way he saw the match so what?

Dominated? I'm at the point now where I genuinely think he's just having a laugh. He knows time is up for him as a football manager and he's just going out and saying what he wants. There's no consequences when you're already in your last job. I just looked at the stats, our passing was better than there's (although it didn't feel like it) but everything else was pretty equal. We both created the same amount of chances and put the same amount of crosses in. We didn't dominate anybody and haven't since the 4-0 against City back when God was a lad. Tired of this now. Just go so we can hit the reset button you corrupt high cholesterol loving fat dinosaur.

Incredible that the utter tripe we serve as football each week has got us up to 8th (and could even be higher if we'd had Sam's points to games ratio all season).

Even more incredible that Sam thinks we are playing good football.

Status
Not open for further replies.