Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably extremely evident from my posting tonight, but I really do not like this City side.

Yes they are extremely good. But I find them thoroughly unlikeable and I find the way they are favoured by officials quite frustrating at this point. You know when you play them that they will go down under every slight touch and that refs will give them everything.

The astonishment on the faces of their players if a ref gives a free kick against them, really winds me up. Maybe that means they are winners, but I'm fed up watching them, fed up losing to them, and fed up watching Pep do his ludicrous post match coaching on the pitch at full time. Try coaching our players if you're as good as you think you are. I could make that City team look good and I work in an office.

I find their fans quite annoying these days - must be all the success. And I've got to the point where I honestly don't care of they win the league over the reds. I dont like either of them.

Shame the forever docile Park End couldn't have come up with something witty in response to the gobshite City fans chanting 'cheating bastards' at us. But I suppose that would mean that end breaking the habit of a lifetime and actually singing.

But the biggest cheating bastards of all calling us cheats? Oh the irony.

Also given I live in between Liverpool and Manchester I had the misfortune to be on the same train home as loads of City fans overheard many of their conversations. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard such a gang of arrogant knobheads ever. Even the RS have nothing on them. Total whoppers.
😄. Weird take that, not sure if you are serious or not?!

(The first part I mean).

Very,very flat tonight even when we were one up,almost an air of resignation, couldn't fault the effort,just too sloppy when we could get the ball off them,Onana very culpable tonight.

It's probably extremely evident from my posting tonight, but I really do not like this City side.

Yes they are extremely good. But I find them thoroughly unlikeable and I find the way they are favoured by officials quite frustrating at this point. You know when you play them that they will go down under every slight touch and that refs will give them everything.

The astonishment on the faces of their players if a ref gives a free kick against them, really winds me up. Maybe that means they are winners, but I'm fed up watching them, fed up losing to them, and fed up watching Pep do his ludicrous post match coaching on the pitch at full time. Try coaching our players if you're as good as you think you are. I could make that City team look good and I work in an office.

I find their fans quite annoying these days - must be all the success. And I've got to the point where I honestly don't care of they win the league over the reds. I dont like either of them.

I’d rather anyone else won it than Liverpool. Their arrogance and smugness is unbearable.

Frustrating. No disgrace given City’s achievements. A lot to be pleased with, though finishing (Harrison aside) still a work in progress. And even England’s number 1 can f things up every now and then.
Ever onwards
Penalty harsh - rule needs sorting. The ball was going nowhere and big O was just in line

2 fixtures out of the way that we’ve had no joy from for a good few years. Good to see the performance level hasn’t particularly dropped off despite the poor results. After Saturday there’s a quiet January in terms of league games. Hopefully chance to recharge batteries ahead of the second half of the season. Fortunate only Gana missing through African cup so we’re well set to kick on again.

I hate the way city play. I find it so boring. Pass the ball to everyone and do nothing.

Let’s have it right they have scored a worldy goal, been given a non penalty and then scored from a goalkeeping error. Apart from that I can’t remember them creating much. They still deserved to win the game but it’s just so so boring. We just didn’t have the legs to press and keep pressing.

It’s not even these games I’m bothered about it’s the ones like Sheffield United, Luton etc that frustrates me. If I had it my way I would get us safe and then play the kids in every game as a do one to the premier league.

I don’t think it was a pen, especially seeing it back, it’s not a deliberate handball, how come we don’t get them for a blatant shirt pull against Spurs, the whole thing stinks. Anyone notice how when we was about to get the points deduction and then once we did we all of a sudden had ref’s that allowed the games to flow and gave us decisions. Once we got the points back, yet again we have defied what the league want and they are determined to stick it to us once again.

I couldn’t see DCL’s miss from the Park End but I’m telling you what that guy will be sold soon if he doesn’t start scoring goals. Beto did more in 60 mins than I’ve seen Dom do in about 3 games. He needs a goal badly. Jsut watch us get given a pen against Wolves to even it up and he’ll miss it.

2 fixtures out of the way that we’ve had no joy from for a good few years. Good to see the performance level hasn’t particularly dropped off despite the poor results. After Saturday there’s a quiet January in terms of league games. Hopefully chance to recharge batteries ahead of the second half of the season. Fortunate only Gana missing through African cup so we’re well set to kick on again.

Pretty much my view. I don't like being relatively ambivalent after defeats but there were positives/context to both. Dyche has said repeatedly that emotions are well controlled after both wins and losses so I don't anticipate heads to drop. Tough game Saturday but also a winnable one providing we are at it.

I've not seen it on TV, but would like to know, when Tarkowski made the perfectly legal challenge on Alvarez and the lad stayed down, did the ref blow the whistle at any point or did he only blow after Bernardo Silva grabbed the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.