Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

We were right at them, leading 1-0 and they were wobbling.

Then Stones got injured.

And after the delay all the momentum seemed to dissapear.

It was as if the adrenaline was just sucked out of the players and we were on the back foot for the remainder of the game.
That was a bit of a game changer TBH but late in the half could we have nicked another before the end of the 1st half. Not so sure

Did feel sorry for the lads last night 90% put a real shift in Gomez onana let us down too many loose passes.

20 minutes into the 2nd half city did show their class. Thought Patterson was excellent last night even on that yellow grealish didn't like it

Onana gets his shirt ragged off him last week, no pen. This week ball slammed at Onana from a yard, what’s he supposed to do disappear, disgusting official is swayed by the swarm of City players, and of course a pen. Really can’t see the point of watching anymore absolutely detest corrupt PremierLeague, don’t like this game anymore.
Agree, what makes it worse is he is moving to attempt a block at pace and falling, under such circumstances he cannot do anything else with his arm. Given the movement, it is certainly not in an unatural position.
What makes things worse for me is the league are totally reluctant to make statements acknowledging there are problems with application of the rules for both hand ball and VAR especially as regards consistency.

We were in their faces and they were not enjoying the intensity of the contest but we sagged off, as will happen since no side ever has been able to sustain that intensity for 90 minutes uninterrupted, and boom Foden had the quality to punish us. Only a handful of players hit that strike with both pace and accuracy.

They came out with intensity after the interval, forced the issue, and we had no answer. We are much improved but against probably the best side in the world we have no room for error, either self-inflicted or of the officiating variety.

We battled and we showed some class, Harrison a fingertip away from a brace, so I'm disappointed but not filled with ennui as has too often been the case.
Exactly how I saw it.
Sick of hearing absolute clowns behind me in the Paddock giving our players grief even at 1-0 up last night. One of them was moaning that Dyche should get DCL off and put Beto on for the second half ffs.
We were playing arguably the best side there’s been for the last 40-50 years and giving a good account of ourselves but the knobheads still spent the entire game shouting utter bullocks.

I thought the ref was terrible, booked us for every challenge, let Rodri kick lumps out of all and sundry. Allowed Citeh to ref the game, grabbing the ball before free kicks were awarded, some of which were 50:50 at least.

Grealish falling over before a tackle, yet he consistently got free kicks.

Then the penalty, how can a player avoid that, from that distance at that pace. Ref obviously agreed as he gave a corner, then apparently reacted to a linesman who was miles away. Once it was given, VAR were never going to overturn it, it was Citeh after all.

Sick of poor officiating and as a paying punter, the least we should expect is a fair official.

Exactly how I saw it.
Sick of hearing absolute clowns behind me in the Paddock giving our players grief even at 1-0 up last night. One of them was moaning that Dyche should get DCL off and put Beto on for the second half ffs.
We were playing arguably the best side there’s been for the last 40-50 years and giving a good account of ourselves but the knobheads still spent the entire game shouting utter bullocks.
I was in the Paddock last night and in honesty, I thought the abuse would be worse from what I can make out on television. But you're right, most of it was just trash. Sitting there, I got a much better appreciation for Myko. All in all, I think they played well. Just against the best side in the land. Also, want to see how close dcl's chance was when I watch the replay. Couldn't tell from my angle.

That was a great effort, for most of the game we completed with the World Club Champions, if not in procession in terms of goals scored. Man. City were always going to get a dodgy decision, it is the Premier League after all. If Onana deliberately handled that ball then he should be a goalkeeper.
For all their procession Man City beat us with a bad penalty decision and poor goal keeping.
The annoying thing, watching it again in slo mo, was that Ake’s shot looked to be nowhere near going in.

I thought the ref was terrible, booked us for every challenge, let Rodri kick lumps out of all and sundry. Allowed Citeh to ref the game, grabbing the ball before free kicks were awarded, some of which were 50:50 at least.

Grealish falling over before a tackle, yet he consistently got free kicks.

Then the penalty, how can a player avoid that, from that distance at that pace. Ref obviously agreed as he gave a corner, then apparently reacted to a linesman who was miles away. Once it was given, VAR were never going to overturn it, it was Citeh after all.

Sick of poor officiating and as a paying punter, the least we should expect is a fair official.
For someone with bigger thighs than Chaka Khan he doesn’t half go over easily

Status
Not open for further replies.