Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, by the end of the game our players looked knackered. But if a team like Newcastle with all their resources can plead tiredness for losing a game, I'm sure our threadbare squad is entitled to do the same. It was noticeable how our confidence was obviously boosted by scoring, it's just unfortunate we couldn't get a second before half time.

Secondly Jack Grealish. He's obviously a talented player but his main value is his ability to win free kicks. Patterson was yellow carded for putting his arm across Grealish's chest which caused him to, magically, fall forwards onto the ground and get a free kick. Referee was conned again. His diving has always annoyed me.

Foden's equaliser can't be faulted, he's a very good player often admired on here. The penalty decision was questionable to say the least, and wouldn't have been given against City (as has been shown in the past), and the 3rd goal was just due to a brain fart by Pickford when the game was already lost.

My MoM was Myko who was strong throughout the game.

So all in all a great effort but a game too far for our small squad.
Can’t disagree with any of that. Mako my MOM too against a brilliant opponent in Silva. And Foden is a player you really can’t do anything other than admire - his feet are insanely good for a young professional.Sat there last night thinking how easily Branthwaite could slide into that team though....almost an inevitability about it...hopefully not.

Can’t disagree with any of that. Mako my MOM too against a brilliant opponent in Silva. And Foden is a player you really can’t do anything other than admire - his feet are insanely good for a young professional.Sat there last night thinking how easily Branthwaite could slide into that team though....almost an inevitability about it...hopefully not.
Ake and Branthwaite on the left side of their defence and they'd be sorted for the next 6 or 7 years. We can't sell him this season and we need to get top dollar if we sell him in the summer.

The penalty decision upset us, however in a number of ways we did not do ourselves much good. Look at the Pickford errors, look at the DCL from about 7 yards. Overall we could have defended better as well as taking our chances.

Harrison had a very good Dallas behind him at Leeds; or else he played as the left side of an attacking three with two behind him. Harrison here has had to put up with Young and Patterson providing a base to work from and he;;s had to do a lot of defending for those two inept players...and he's still positively impacted.
I was referring to another post where he'd been named twice in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.