Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just hoping that City make like Davanti and ‘tire’ so they don’t smash our goal difference.

Doucoure needs to get himself about more second half. He was good first 15/20 mi ns or so but then tailed off not closing down. Holgate has my nerves gone more than Joe Yobo did on the ball....and hes nowhere near half as good as Joe to say the least

Take Holgate off, play 5 at the back Patterson and McNeill wingbacks and try and protect our goal difference, we are not getting anything from this today.

My only thought when I saw the line-up is why Holgate?

Out of place for the first goal, him and McNeil gives Mahrez waay too space to cross. Then Mina / Holgate manage between them to get not very close to Erling Haaland ( who's a large and promising centre forward you'd think they'd have heard about ).

This game was probably always a 'free hit', but disappointing to be sparked out 1st half.

Next goal key... If it goes to City, game over. If Everton, a) amazing and b) game on!

Brilliant goal from Gundogan. Thought we were doing OK up to then. Don't know what Tarkowski and Holgate were doing in the centre for the second, but we were unlucky that Patterson ended up on his arse in the build-up.
Can't be doing with the McNeill at left back shouts. He's doing a good job protecting his LB (who admittedly is not the best in the world) which Gray would never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.