Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did about 5 mins before it went 2 nil. They didn't really do much at all until then and we looked good on the counter. How it's 2 nil is beyond me but it seems to me like Holgate at left back is an issue which isn't his fault as I'm not sure he's played there before. But they didn't deserve to be 2 nil up at all as really it was their first decent shot on target to go 1 up.

At 1 nil we could have nicked a draw but I'll spare myself the frustration of watch City pass it around like a training match in the second half and turn it off. Feel for the fans who went there and made the effort.
3 efforts 2 gosls sickening.....

Best hope now - and it’s a small one - is wholesale City changes at half time.

That second was such a kick in the nuts.
Unless it's Rodney March, Mike Summerbee and UWE Rosler then I don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference. In fact I think Rodney would fancy it against Mase the Ace.

Theyre so good. Well in the game till that first goal which is just unreal skill. Just need to play like it's nil nil and see what happens now. Not much more we can do.

He’s an exceptional player, but if one of our midfielders was designated the job of tracking Gundogan’s runs they are having a stinker at doing so.

I mean we shouldn’t have midfielders standing on the edge of our six yard box. That’s not what tracking a run is. Gundogan was very clever and essentially playing the role of a striker in that move. Got tight to the centre back and trusted his ability with his back to goal. It’s just genius.

We haven't played poorly, tbh. City just have too much quality across the board. Half of their bench would start for us today

Don't know what everyone's worried about, Leeds and Leicester are going down,they are both sh!te defensively and very rarely win a game.we are all but safe.

We’ve been done by a great goal and not switching back in quick enough.

Any chance rests on us scoring next and before the 80th min (after city sun off all their best players).

Slim chance though

Status
Not open for further replies.