Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the match yesterday there was some talk that the penno had been ruled out because of an “offside” earlier in the move.

Has that notion now been debunked for the nonsense that it sounded like?

Have to say I find City and their fans pretty unlikeable these days. The success has gone to their heads, and they became very entitled and delusional. Can't even fill their ground for big games, and still do league 1 style chants.

The favouritism from referees towards them is largely ignored on here because they are helpful in stopping the reds. But it's becoming more and more apparent every week. Some of their players seem like they are immune from cards and referees are in awe of them and Guardiola.

Yep that's the press/media for you. As a City fan if City win will we moan that the press/media say how poor the opponents were. Not how good City were.
Everton played well, closed us down so we couldnt get going. Our hope was that Everton would get tired and make a mistake which you did.
Everton should be fine but I still cant like Richarlison lol

The press/media only like the two red tops !
Mate Richy would be a monster in your side....
Him instead of Mahrez, grealish etc...
Pace, power, drive, if we had a team with his best qualities we'd be flying

After the match yesterday there was some talk that the penno had been ruled out because of an “offside” earlier in the move.

Has that notion now been debunked for the nonsense that it sounded like?
Go on to youtube. Freeze-frame the point when Alli plays the ball forward and you will see that Richy was onside.

This is what I can do. Look at Man City No.3. Richy is onside...
Richy onside.jpg

Last edited:

I think there should be an investigative audit into that decision. One where the league checks things like the bank accounts of the officials and the relationships off the field. It was a perverse decision by the ref, linesman and VAR. The ref was on the other side of the pitch, I understand, so the linesman's job is to cover that quarter. As a financial matter that merits an audit in anyones books.
A financial audit of the officials?
Jesus, I've heard it all now!
Incompetence yes, corruption and match fixing not even close .

It was a very poor decision and nothing more.

City in peace ! Would just like to say your club did you and the footballing community proud. Your choice of song was spot on. Very moving.

As for the handball I would be will pissed off if City weren't awarded that !

Enjoy the rest of the season

Cheers.

And be assured that the one grain of comfort we take from that game yesterday it is that it helps you toward retaining the Title ;)

No major club would value that three handled piss pot. NONE.
What? Are you serious?

I'd bite your arm off for silverware and a chance to play in Europe.

Plus, get into Europe, attract better players and look to finish higher up the league. It's a momentum thing; win things, improve the squad, win more.

I want to win everything we can every season, otherwise, what's the point?

Noticed on the back of the match day programme that we had Benjamin mendy’s name listed in the Man City squad but sigurdsson’s name was missing from the Everton squad

Do you think we have quietly paid off the remainder of his contract and he is no longer an employee of the club?

What? Are you serious?

I'd bite your arm off for silverware and a chance to play in Europe.

Plus, get into Europe, attract better players and look to finish higher up the league. It's a momentum thing; win things, improve the squad, win more.

I want to win everything we can every season, otherwise, what's the point?
I said major club. Please read what's there rather than what you want to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.