Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the result is incredibly disheartening, especially in the context of our desperate and precarious situation.

However, our last two matches at home have been amongst our best performances of the last decade! Why is it that we have been so impressive in our last two home matches and yet we’ve been unable to perform as impressively away from home?

Man City will win the league at a canter and will almost certainly win the Champions League, too. And yet we made them look ordinary at times today.

As an aside the fans were brilliant today for the second match in a row.
That's why I'm confident that we'll be fine. Sine Lampard arrived, our performances at home although our away form hasn't.

I'm confident we'll amass points at home and if we can pick up a small number of wins or draws away it'll be enough. There's fourteen games left.

Yesterday was a prime example of everything that's wrong with the modern game. Your team can work as hard as they want, do everything they need to but they'll never get the impartial treatment from the refs that teams in literally any other sport world would just take for granted. If that pen incident happens at the other end of the pitch with us 1-0 up there is absolutely no way in a billion years that it doesn't get given. Its a joke. We endlessly hear nonsense about respecting the referees but more often then not those same refs show nothing but disrespect to everyone in games they officiate. Players, managers, the paying match going fans, tv viewers, everyone is cheated out of the game they deserve because referees either don't know what they're doing or are just so corrupt that they don't care. There's no way anyone with eyes can look at the incident on VAR and not give that pen unless they went into watching it back having already made the call to not give it. At very best its gross incompetence that warrants him being forced to undergo some major retraining before facing a long spell reffing games in lower league until he proves himself vaguely competent.

Who you talking to, you utter utter blert?

Im fully aware of the situation the Club is in, however, im not a massive doom monger whos crying on every page of this thread despite watching the team put in their best performance of the season in. Theres comfortably worse teams than us as well, as my post alluded too, Leeds & Brentford are getting pumped regularly. They’re in bigger trouble than Everton.
I'm talking to you you shortsighted fool.

Who you talking to, you utter utter blert?

Im fully aware of the situation the Club is in, however, im not a massive doom monger whos crying on every page of this thread despite watching the team put in their best performance of the season in. Theres comfortably worse teams than us as well, as my post alluded too, Leeds & Brentford are getting pumped regularly. They’re in bigger trouble than Everton.
If the above was true why are we one point above the relegation zone?

That was a stonewall penalty from every angle, every day of the week.
This corruption really needs highlighting; it needs one high profile team to walk off the pitch and refuse to play when such a blatant abuse of power occurs.
There'd be all sorts of ramifications but last night was the time for The Blues to make that stand.
If we can't get blatant and obvious decisions like that, them what's the point in playing?

Positives;
- 3 in midfield, what a difference. Always someone ready for a ball from defence, much more defensively solid.
-Effort. That’s the standard. That’s what needs to be produced every week. Not reverting to being cowards and clueless next week because they’re playing away.
-Lampard/Cole. The mentality shift we’ve needed for years and years. Calling out bad decisions, standing up for ourselves and being angry when we’re cheated. Hopefully this mindset will filter through to the players.

Negatives;
-Michael Keane. I know there’s an argument he’s not to blame yesterday, but it feels like in every game there’s one daft mistake or loss of concentration that is costly. Can’t afford that.
- Not Richarlison’s fault as he had a good game overall, but we missed someone who could hold the ball up like DCL does. He may not be firing on all cylinders but he wins headers and holds the ball allowing us to get up the pitch more, which we badly needed in the second half.

That's why I'm confident that we'll be fine. Since Lampard arrived, our performances at home have been great although our away form hasn't.

I'm confident we'll amass points at home and if we can pick up a small number of wins or draws away it'll be enough. There's fourteen games left.
I must have been still half cut when I wrote the original.

Yesterday was a prime example of everything that's wrong with the modern game. Your team can work as hard as they want, do everything they need to but they'll never get the impartial treatment from the refs that teams in literally any other sport world would just take for granted. If that pen incident happens at the other end of the pitch with us 1-0 up there is absolutely no way in a billion years that it doesn't get given. Its a joke. We endlessly hear nonsense about respecting the referees but more often then not those same refs show nothing but disrespect to everyone in games they officiate. Players, managers, the paying match going fans, tv viewers, everyone is cheated out of the game they deserve because referees either don't know what they're doing or are just so corrupt that they don't care. There's no way anyone with eyes can look at the incident on VAR and not give that pen unless they went into watching it back having already made the call to not give it. At very best its gross incompetence that warrants him being forced to undergo some major retraining before facing a long spell reffing games in lower league until he proves himself vaguely competent.
Imagine it was the other way around, Sky wouldve replayed it at least 20 times, Pep wouldve went crazy and Sky wouldve stuck up for him. Horrible corrupt system

He’ll end up back at FA headquarters with his two var cronies getting a big Pat on the back from Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.