Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2AD5E8D7-B0A8-4CFF-832B-BAF79A32732C.jpeg

think that’s what VAR seen. corrupt fs

I don't have any complaints from an effort perspective. Almost got a draw if not all three points against the leaders. The defence consistently make dumb mistakes. I guess this one is hard to complain about as it was just one of those things where Keane just got caught out in terms of timing. Sucks it happened so late in the game. The penalty shout was a stonewall penalty. Allan was superb, though I voted Gordon, he had some really good runs and almost scored a free kick.

Im sure we can make up for it in the next game. I was going to say start Deli now, but the next prem game is Spurs and they might be able to neutralize him.

And then Wolves after - it doesn't get any easier - we just have to beat them.

I have never subscribed to any conspiracy theories, I have never had much time for the idea that the Premier League was corrupt. I recognise that the top teams don't get many penalties or red cards awarded against them but I was willing to believe that was because they were better footballers, they didn't need to commit fouls or chop someone down because they had more control over the games they played. However watching that yesterday I cannot believe that they didn't see it as a handball so I have to think there is some other reason for not awarding the spot kick. I don't believe civil law has a place in sport but if I was in a position of power at Goodison I would have the lawyers in this morning, that wasn't a bad decision yesterday, it was perverse. I don't know what sort of indemnity insurance referees carry or how they are covered by their employers but that point, and I am accepting we may not have scored from the spot, could be worth millions and as such someone is culpable. Again I say that wasn't a bad decision, no reasonable man could watch that and say it wasn't a penalty, it was perverse.

Surprise surprise, City weren't at their brilliant best. Nothing to do with the opposition not allowing them to be.

Yep that's the press/media for you. As a City fan if City win will we moan that the press/media say how poor the opponents were. Not how good City were.
Everton played well, closed us down so we couldnt get going. Our hope was that Everton would get tired and make a mistake which you did.
Everton should be fine but I still cant like Richarlison lol

The press/media only like the two red tops !

Yesterday was a prime example of everything that's wrong with the modern game. Your team can work as hard as they want, do everything they need to but they'll never get the impartial treatment from the refs that teams in literally any other sport world would just take for granted. If that pen incident happens at the other end of the pitch with us 1-0 up there is absolutely no way in a billion years that it doesn't get given. Its a joke. We endlessly hear nonsense about respecting the referees but more often then not those same refs show nothing but disrespect to everyone in games they officiate. Players, managers, the paying match going fans, tv viewers, everyone is cheated out of the game they deserve because referees either don't know what they're doing or are just so corrupt that they don't care. There's no way anyone with eyes can look at the incident on VAR and not give that pen unless they went into watching it back having already made the call to not give it. At very best its gross incompetence that warrants him being forced to undergo some major retraining before facing a long spell reffing games in lower league until he proves himself vaguely competent.
After what Kavanagh did last night (or did not do, more pertinently), I wouldn't even let him ref a kids Sunday League game.

The guy is a 100% CHEAT. End of.

After what Kavanagh did last night (or did not do, more pertinently), I wouldn't even let him ref a kids Sunday League game.

The guy is a 100% CHEAT. End of.
I think there should be an investigative audit into that decision. One where the league checks things like the bank accounts of the officials and the relationships off the field. It was a perverse decision by the ref, linesman and VAR. The ref was on the other side of the pitch, I understand, so the linesman's job is to cover that quarter. As a financial matter that merits an audit in anyones books.

Status
Not open for further replies.