Everton V Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definatly think we'll have a go, when Osman, Arteta and Pienaar are on the pitch we usually do show a bit of intent.

If we go 4-4-2 they'll rip us apart, no way would I go like that. I'm not sure Arteta and Fellaini would be able to handle it when where on the back foot.

It depends on the managers mentality really, I hope he doesn't surrender like he usually does against the top four. I hope the players show a bit of composure aswell.

The fans have to be up for it aswell, the atmoshere has been terrible for a long time now. I'm sure with Rooney there the fans will lift the atmosphere.

I think a good tonkin is on the cards unless we can unnerve them a little upto and including the 1st 15 minutes of the second half.
If we concede early then i can see an empty goodison around the 70 minute mark
I see im a closet red by the red on my name.Season ticket holder and a closet red,cant be bad.

Last edited:
For the first time in ages I have absolutely no idea what I think's gonna happen. Usually I back us to beat anyone at home, even Man Utd, but we've been so bad I just can't see it this time. Can't even hazard a guess at what Moyesy will play either, what's wrong with me?

We'll lose. Simply because we are incapable of keeping a clean sheet. The Utd floodgates tend to burst open once they've gone a goal up.

Wouldn't bet against fat boy scoring either with the form he's in.. (n)

I reckon we'll have a right go at them. Same as Arsenal, we'll come out of the blocks really quick.

I'll go for 1-1, like last season should have been... as long as Pienaar doesn't stick his foot out in the penalty area with 3 minutes to go...

Better get something out of this else I owe a man U fan in work a 4-pack

They played amazingly well against Celtic last night, but hopefully their tiredness will play a part

Everton 0-2 Man Utd (Rooney, Berbatov)

Just cant see us getting anything out of it really. They're just about hitting form, Ronaldo's getting sharper, and the Judas is probably playing the best football he has done for 4 years. Berbatov seems to be Johnny on the spot in toe poking goals in. Ronaldo is a horrible [Poor language removed]. They've also got Tevez, Nani and Anderson to come off from the bench if things arent going their way.

Damage limitation IMO. Constant back foot for 90minutes. Hopefully we'll keep out as many as possible and maybe have 2 shots on target.

My team -
Howard
Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines
Castillo
Osman Arteta Pienaar
Fellaini
Saha​

I'd have Ossie, Pienaar and Arteta all interchanging in the middle. I dont think Castillo will be fit though. Yak to come on about 50minutes in if Saha isnt working. We also have Vaughan, Anichebe for impact.
Probably team --
Howard
Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines
Neville
Arteta Osman Pienaar
Fellaini
Yak​

We'll try to do what we did against Arsenal in the 1st half. But what'll happen is Arteta will be marked out of the game. Pienaar will be pinned back with Baines to stop Ronaldo. Neville wont be able to handle their midfield. Jags will do a good job on Rooney. Lescott can handle Berbatov.

Hopefully Yak will hold the ball up well this time and not fall over, and that Fellaini is a bit of a handlful for them in the air and around the box just to keep things even for a bit.

I just have a feeling we will win,I accept logic says we wont but when has logic won a match 1-0 to the blues.Just one thing lads lets leave Rooney alone all the baying for his blood only inspires him lets show him we have moved on and he can get stuffed;)

I just have a feeling we will win,I accept logic says we wont but when has logic won a match 1-0 to the blues.Just one thing lads lets leave Rooney alone all the baying for his blood only inspires him lets show him we have moved on and he can get stuffed;)

No reaction at all from the crowd would probably unsettle him a lot more. Do it lads, mess with his head:D

I definatly think we'll have a go, when Osman, Arteta and Pienaar are on the pitch we usually do show a bit of intent.

If we go 4-4-2 they'll rip us apart, no way would I go like that. I'm not sure Arteta and Fellaini would be able to handle it when where on the back foot.

It depends on the managers mentality really, I hope he doesn't surrender like he usually does against the top four. I hope the players show a bit of composure aswell.

The fans have to be up for it aswell, the atmoshere has been terrible for a long time now. I'm sure with Rooney there the fans will lift the atmosphere.

As opposed to going 4-5-1 and keeping our third clean sheet in a row....

Wait, what's that you say? We haven't kept one?

I would agree with you if we were playing a lesser quality team but on our current form, I think the best defense at this juncture is a good offense. If they rip us apart, they rip us apart. But how will that be different than most of the matches we've played in this year?

I see us getting zippo out of the match so let's go down in flames (hey, see my pun there?) and give 'em a match. Heck, we might even be first on match of the day (cause we got tonked 6-0) lol

As opposed to going 4-5-1 and keeping our third clean sheet in a row....

Wait, what's that you say? We haven't kept one?

I would agree with you if we were playing a lesser quality team but on our current form, I think the best defense at this juncture is a good offense. If they rip us apart, they rip us apart. But how will that be different than most of the matches we've played in this year?

I see us getting zippo out of the match so let's go down in flames (hey, see my pun there?) and give 'em a match. Heck, we might even be first on match of the day (cause we got tonked 6-0) lol

4-5-1 is the way to go, we play our best attacking football in that formation. We are also alot more of a solid unit.

We just don't have the players to play 4-4-2, we couldn't even do it against Newcastle.

4-5-1 is the way to go, we play our best attacking football in that formation. We are also alot more of a solid unit.

We just don't have the players to play 4-4-2, we couldn't even do it against Newcastle.

You may be right but from a defensive standpoint, it really won't matter much on ManU's current form combined with our woeful form.

After watching Yakubu find himself isolated as much as he was against Arsenal, I'd rather have two up front from the off and try to keep their defenders pinned back and honest.

If it works, great. If it doesn't, I'd say we don't have anything to lose by starting off that way.

Agreed.

We are better with the Yakubu-Cahill partnership with Osman in the centre midfield spot and Arteta and Pienaar out wide. We still need an enforcer in that defensive midfield slot though, an M'Bia type player, i'd still like to see Cahill and Saha play together though.

Status
Not open for further replies.